|34|

|THIRD|

"Jah, I'm hungry."

"Wait, Hobi." She smacks his hand as he reaches for her shirt.

"But I'm hungry now." He whines and squeezes her thigh. Jania clenches them together as she drives.

He and Namjoon got beyond drunk. Namjoon fell asleep on the couch and Jania had to get Hoseok to his car stumbling and all. She had to grab his keys out of his pocket to unlock it before buckling him in.

"You can wait, Hoseok." Jania says softly. He gets clingy when he's drunk. He would be in her skin right now if he could.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asks. "....from earlier? I don't have to see her anymore if you don't want me to."

Jania shakes her head as she drives to his house.

"It's whatever. I shouldn't have to ask you to leave her alone while I'm pregnant. You should just do it, especially with the stupid ass rules you gave me."

"It's not stupid. You're at higher risk of infection and it's disrespectful. I also don't fucking like him, Jania. He's an asshole. I don't even know why you're still dealing with him after what he did to you." 

He scolds as she pulls into the driveway. He unbuckles his own seatbelt and gets out of the car, slowly gaining clarity due to frustration.

"You don't understand and I don't expect you to. Seokjin and I were closer than anybody." Jania unlocks his front door and he walks in, taking his shoes off.

He scoffs as he walks to his room. "You don't think I know that. You don't try to completely ignore the existence of somebody that didn't mean anything to you. Trust me, I know." Hoseok strips out of his clothes and puts on a pair of shorts. Jania takes her jeans off and gets into his bed with just her t shirt and panties on.

He lays pretty close to her rubbing her stomach in circles. His hand feels large around the growing bump. This entire experience feels new to him all over again. Yes, he's been through this before. But it feels different now. This is his baby, his child.

He doesn't have to question it. He doesn't feel like he's stuck. He's very happy.

"Hobi, what's wrong?" Jania asks upon realizing that he's silently crying. He blinks slowly as he caresses her stomach.

"You're giving me a baby." He drags in a breath, sniffling in the process. "Thank you, Jania." He closes his eyes and puts his forehead against her stomach. His lips kiss her skin and Jania watches him carefully.

"I had a baby before."

He says it after moments of silence. Jania doesn't know how to respond to that, shocked to hear the words come out of his mouth. Especially in the tense that he used them.

"She was four months when we found out. I was so happy, over the moon..." He moves his face away from her stomach and Jania sees the wetness of his cheeks.

"We had a month left until we could find out the gender so we started planning the baby shower. I told my mom and dad. My mom cried for twenty minutes. They helped us set up everything. The decorations, the cake, the games. Her parents were kind of upset that she got pregnant by me but we didn't care. I didn't. I was in love and having a baby. Why would I?"

Jania warms at the thought of Hoseok being in love. He doesn't seem like much of the type for it at all.

"She got bigger every month and the closer it got, the more excited I get about it. Our dads helped me with the nursery and our moms helped her decorate it. Everything flew by after she hit seven months. Next thing I know, her mom's calling me from the hospital because her water broke. I was speeding down the highway.... 70 in a 55 or some shit like that." He says and chuckles.