|29|

|THIRD|

20 minutes before they're supposed to be at his parent's house and Jania is standing in Hoseok's room looking at herself in the mirror. He walks up beside her and rubs her stomach. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm good. You?"

"You know I'm always good. Get out the mirror, you look fine. We have to leave. I don't want to be late."

"I'm just trying to make sure I look good. Is this okay?" Jania says as she fixes her top. It's not covering her stomach all the way to the bottom due to design. Her baby bloat is visible.

"You ever been cursed out in Korean? Because I have and I don't feel like hearing my mother's mouth today. Come on before I pinch your titties."

Jania smacks her teeth and walks past him out of the room. "Why would you do that? You know that shit gonna hurt."

"Got you to move, didn't it?"

"Only because of your parents. This ain't even about you." They banter as they walk down the stairs. Hoseok grabs his keys and they put their shoes on before walking out the door. As they drive, he notices Jania's nervousness. He puts on the Summer Walker album that she loves so much.

Her nerves start to calm the closer they get to his parents' house. When they pull into the he driveway, Jania looks at it.

"Their house is nice."

"Wait til you see the inside." He says as they get out of the car. They walk to the door and he uses his key to get in. Hoseok takes his shoes off and tells her to do the same.

"Is that you, Seok?" His father asks as he comes into view.

"Yes." He says. Jania looks at the man as he approaches. He hugs Hoseok and claps him on the back.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks. The business been keeping you occupied?"

"Yeah. I've had a lot going on lately. Shoes, orders, warehouse stuff. Nothing I can't handle though." He says confidently. His father smiles at him and then looks at Jania.

"Hello." He waves at her and she smiles awkwardly.

"Hi."

Hoseok chuckles at her. "Dad, this is Jania. Jania, this is my dad."

"It's nice to meet you." He holds his hand out and she shakes it.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Let's go see your mother before she complains about not being at the table on time." He says and Hoseok grabs Jania's hand.

"You okay?"

"Mhm. I'm good."

"Don't be nervous. My mom is going to like you."

"You said she hated all of your ex-girlfriends earlier."

"Good thing we're not dating then, huh?" He jokes and she pushes him.

"Idiot." She whispers as they walk to the kitchen. His mother turns at the sound of voices in her vicinity. She sees Hoseok first and drops the spoon on the counter.

"Ah, my son." She speed walks over to hug him. She grabs him by the face to kiss his cheeks. He scrunches his face up but lets her do it.

"Hi, mom."

"How have you been? I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks. But I bet if one of those girls wanted to see you, you'd-."

"Mom, meet Jania." Hoseok quickly interjects and steps off to the side to put her in full view. She stands there like a deer in headlights, shocked at his sudden reveal of her. She puts her hand up to wave awkwardly.