Prologue|1|

Jania's quiet breathing fill the room as Seokjin lies awake in bed.

She fell asleep soon after he spilled into the condom. Like he has so many times before, he peppered her face with kisses and held her close. Now he looks at her sleeping figure, mentally wishing that his intoxication had been thrust into her and not her sister.

Even if she did do something that he finds equally as jarring to him. He would still prefer it be her than Paris.

•|•|•|•|•

Jania sits alone at the table. With tears in her eyes and a stoic expression on her face, she zones out of the events around her. She doesn't want to be here. She doesn't know why she has to be. It isn't her baby shower.

Nor is it anybody's that she cares about.

"Jah, you okay?"

"I'm fine." She replies without looking from her spot at the floor.

Namjoon squats to put himself in her line of view.

"I'm serious, Jania. Whenever you're ready to go, we can."

That's the sole reason that Namjoon showed up. He loves his cousin, but he can't stand the man at the moment. He hasn't said much of anything to him recently due to the events that took place to put everybody in the same building right now.

"It's okay. My mom will be upset if I leave right now. Nothing has been done. No cake or anything." Jania's voice is monotone and void of emotion.

Namjoon sighs, knowing that she won't leave right now. He knows that she doesn't want to be in this place or around Seokjin at all for that matter.

He was her best friend, her lover. Everything to her. And now they're nothing. She can't even bare the thought of looking at him. Or her sister.

She knew.

Paris knew that what was going on between her and Seokjin. She knew that Jania loved him and she still had sex with him. She still fell pregnant with his child. She still ruined everything for her.

Only she and Namjoon knew of Jania and Seokjin's sexual relationship so there was no infidelity to be found for everyone else. Jania's parents and family welcomed the idea of their baby with open arms. Even though Paris had a boyfriend at the time of conception, everyone is still excited for her.

"Jania, come get in this picture. We gonna sit everybody down to eat and cut the cake after this." Her mother calls to her. Namjoon stands up and so does Jania. They walk over to where everyone else is standing for the shot.

Namjoon stands next to Jania with with a small smile on his face. Paris sits in the chair in front of her and Seokjin stands on the other side of Jania. She bristles as their arms brush. The rest of the family surrounds them, pushing everybody closer together.

His fingers brush hers, almost intertwining them. She lets him do it as her eyes threaten to water again. The shot is taken and Jania's miserable look doesn't go unnoticed. He turns his head and looks at her. She feels his staring but continues staring at the wall behind the camera.