|33|

*Before y'all be the CIA to frame Leah and Hobi😭, you gotta be nine weeks for a blood DNA test. Jania was like 7-8 but we gonna act like it worked. Lmao

|HOSEOK|

My mind is everywhere but where I need it to be. I'm thinking of everything but work. I can't believe her right now. I cannot. There is no logical reason as to why this is happening. Damage control ain't even the word.

I need a damn task force.

"Leah, why are you here?"

The woman ignores me as she looks at the infant shoe rack.

I wasn't expecting to see her today. I mean, it's not necessarily a problem. This is a public store but man. Jania is coming right across the way from Macy's.

"Do you think these are unisex?" Leah holds up a pair of crib sneakers and I narrow an eye.

"I don't know. Answer my question."

"This is a mall, Hoseok. It's a public area and I have kids to shop for." She mouths back and I look out onto the strip. Jania is standing by a bench talking to somebody.

Times like this, I thank God for social media. I know for a fact Jania doesn't know that girl. She may just follow her on Instagram.

"Your son is five. His section is down that way. You weren't even gonna come in here until you saw me."

"Okay? Is that a problem? You act like people don't be coming in here to speak to you. I bet if it was one of them other women, you wouldn't have a problem with it."

I close my mouth and exhale through my nose. She's starting to irritate me. The women that she's referring to would never come into my damn job just to speak to me after we've already established that it was just sex and one damn time. They come in here shoes and to shop, not me.

Jania finishes up her conversation with the girl she was talking to and walks into the store. She's holding six bags with a smile on her face, eyes directed nowhere but on me.

"That was the girl that owns the boutique that DMed me."

"Forreal?" I ask, reaching out to take some of her bags. She went to Victoria's Secret, Macy's, Bath and Body Works, that stank ass candle store next to it and the boutique that I refuse to step foot in.

"Yeah. She's so sweet. She showed me some pictures of her sons. They have sneakers made by you." The smile on her face is bright and I smile back. It always feels good to see or hear about somebody in my work. It's motivating.

"You should've had her send them to you so I can see them."

"They're on her Instagram. I'll show you when we get home." She says as I put her bags in the back room. She doesn't need to be carrying them around. They'll get heavy and I don't want her to be upset about it later.

"Y'all live together now?"

I roll my eyes hard as I walk back up front. I forgot she was standing there. Just that quick. Jania turns to look at her and her smile kind of drops into a closed mouth one.

"No. I'm just always at his house or he's always at mine." She says casually as she shrugs.

"Oh. I was bouta say. That was quick. I just saw him a few days ago and y'all didn't live together." Leah has no malice in her voice, it sounds genuinely curious. Jania side eyes me and I keep my expression neutral.

"I told you I stepped out the other day. It wasn't nothing like that." I assure her. Leah makes a subtle face and Jah looks me up and down.

"Better not be."