1:97

He had just hung up when he saw Luna support Dari to walk out from Yueying. The car that was on standby drove over. When the two of them were about to get into the car, a figure suddenly rushed to their side, knocking Dari down. Consequently, the bag in her hand fell to the ground.

“I’m sorry! Sorry! I’m in a rush. I’m really sorry for bumping into you!” The person who bumped into her quickly apologized as he helped Dari pick her bag up.

Dari glared at that person with her swollen face, then she took back her bag, got into the car, and left.

The person who bumped into her got back into the car before Lucas asked very calmly, “Did you install it?”

“Don’t worry. When have I ever slipped up? Try it. See if you can hear clearly.” The young and handsome Mark Lee chuckled as he put the earphones on to listen. Then, he raised his brows and smiled. “It’s done! Look!”

He handed the earphones to Lucas who took it to try listening. Indeed…

“Well done! You’ll be rewarded!” Lucas laughed brightly.

Mark looked at the car ahead that was submerged in the light with suspicion. He could not help but ask, “That’s great as long as there’s a reward! Is there a problem with this woman? Yesterday, at the Hongdae riverside, I think I saw her. She seems to go there every month. I live there and I’ve seen her quite a few times. No wonder she looked quite familiar earlier. Ugh, even her tone is menacing.”

The moment Mark said this, Lucas immediately squinted vigilantly. He stared at Mark. “What did you just say? Are you saying that you’ve seen Yoo Dari in Hongdae? Does she always appear there?”

“Yeah, I’ve seen her quite a few times. She dresses all glitzy in jewelry at the small bungalow near our apartment, but she always comes in the morning and leaves in the afternoon.”

“Who’s the owner of that bungalow?” Lucas asked.

Mark thought about it, then shook his head. “I don’t know. The bungalow seems empty like no one’s living there.

“Bring me there right away!”

+

When Lisa rushed back to the hospital, she saw Jungkook who was standing in the corridor outside Chitthip’s ward from a distance. He was looking down at the city ablaze with lights as he stood by the window with his hands behind his back.

She stood at the door and watched Chitthip who was resting. Of course, she did not neglect her father, Marco who sat on the side. After a while, she walked over to Jungkook.

“Cooled down yet?”

When he felt her stop beside him, he calmly averted his gaze and turned to lower his head at her. His eyes contained a faint light that seemed quite gentle. “Do you know what I did?”

Lisa looked up at him, her clear eyes meeting his.

With a smile, he could not help but pat her head out of habit. His fingers combed through her hair that was messed up by the wind. Soon, his low and sensitive voice came through. “I know that you’re not happy, so I didn’t stop you, but if you hadn’t planned it well, a lot of trouble will arise. Do you know that?”

“Didn’t you let Lucas follow me?” She responded quite justifiably, “Of course, I’ll let you deal with the aftermath. I was too angry, so no matter what, I had to teach her a lesson.”

“Well, you sure were jolly. The mother and daughter pair are now planning to go to the hospital for proof, forcing you to bear the consequences. As for how to resolve this, your husband is rather troubled.” Jungkook looked at her helplessly, yet there was a glimmer in his eyes.