1:10

“Are you lecturing me, Director Manoban?” His eyes were getting cheeky as he patted her head with his large hands again as if he were comforting a little child. Lisa sulkily pushed his hand away.

“I’m being serious right now!”

“I’m taking you seriously right now too!”

“Don’t ever pat my head again!”

“I’m just measuring the EQ in your brain… Mmm!”

“Jeon Jungkook! Stay there! You watch out! Damn it!”

Two little shadows chased each other late at night as peals of laughter burst out from time to time and vanished along with the wind.

After a while, Lisa was out of breath and she lay down on the bed. The man put on a big smile. “I’m not my usual self today. I haven’t been training lately. I used to actually be pretty good at running and represented our school… I’m serious! Don’t look at me like that! I’ll prove it to you one day!”

Jungkook laughed and handed a towel to her. “That’s enough. Wipe your sweat and take a shower.”

Lisa grabbed the towel and wiped the sweat off her forehead. She then handed the towel back to him. “I’m not going to shower. I just took one. I’ll go to sleep.”

“Go and shower. Don’t be lazy…”

Before he could finish, Lisa already hid beneath the blanket. He put a finger onto his temple and just let her be. Soon, he started picking up the bolster and towel from the floor.

After he was done, she was already fast asleep. She just lay down quietly and he could hear the faint sound of her breathing. He pulled her into his arms to escape from the loneliness.

Suddenly, hugging her felt real and solid to him, unlike the vagueness he felt before…

The next day, when she arrived at Vice President Lee’s office, he and his secretary were already waiting for her.

“Vice President Lee!”

Lisa bowed down apologetically and smiled. “Have you waited for long?”

VP Lee took a glance at his watch on the wrist and smiled. “It’s alright. The time is right. The stakeholders’ meeting is at 9.30, so there’s another hour to go. We can go over now.”

He then stood up. “Let’s go!”

Lisa nodded and handed her document to Yeri behind her before catching up with him.

“I might need you to help out on this for a while. Chairman Jeon told me about you. I never expected you have such relationships with Yueying, and you’ve already married to…”

VP Lee suddenly turned his head back and looked at Lisa.

Startled, Lisa closed her eyes and said, “Mmm, thank you for your concern, Vice President Lee. I’m just the owner of the shares. Most of the operational matter still rely on you. I’m not really sure how things work here. Don’t mind me. Just do whatever you need to do and prioritize the company’s benefits.”

“Mmm, it must be tough for you, Director Manoban. You might need to take care of both sides. I hope the South River project is going well. Please take care of yourself.” VP Lee was evidently concerned.

“Thank you, it’s fine. Don’t worry, Vice President Lee, Chairman Jeon has arranged several capable assistants for me. I’m just analyzing the data, so there isn’t much pressure. I’ll be in your care on matters regarding Yueying. I’m afraid I won’t be able to do much in the future,” Lisa replied genuinely. She had always been respectful and grateful towards a mentor such as VP Lee.