1:53

At that moment, the car was speeding back to Maple Residence, with him in the driver’s seat.

She sat silently beside him for a long time before she suddenly turned to him to ask, “Does Lucas like Yuqi?”

He turned to her and said calmly, “Is it that obvious?”

Lisa nodded, muttering, “I can see that Lucas looks at her in a different way. Anyone can tell…”

“You could even tell just from his gaze?” He chuckled.

“The way he looked at Ah Shi was just like how Father looks at Mother, so…” Lisa said softly, unable to help a smile from spreading across her face. “Do you ever realize that even though Father and Mother usually look quite imposing, I keep finding the way they interact to be very magical. To say that they have mutual respect in their marriage seems to be very appropriate.”

As he listened, Jungkook’s expression eased too. “Father is a very steady and practical person. Back then, Mother fancied Father because of his refined charisma, his humorous speech, and his versatile abilities. I heard that back then, Father was once Prince Charming to Mother. You know how Mother’s like too. Only Father can make her surrender. Perhaps, this is the key to maintaining the relationship between them.”

“Prince Charming to her? No wonder I keep feeling like they… Chaeng told me that all women hope that the man they like will be someone that they or a lot of people can look up to…” She muttered softly.

“Someone you can look up to? Your friend really has thought it through. She definitely has the potential to be a relationship consultant,” Jungkook replied with a chuckle.

Lisa nodded. “I said this to her before this too… but, what actually happened between Lucas and Qiqi? I can tell that Lucas really likes Qiqi while Qiqi… It doesn’t look as simple as it does on the surface. In fact, during dinner, Grandfather and Grandmother keep intentionally mentioning the two of them together…”

As she said this, she turned to look at the man beside her, her eyes gleaming with the light of diamonds.

As Jungkook listened, he slowed the car down then responded, “Lucas has liked Yuqi ever since we were young, my family’s not some trite family either. If they can get together, everyone would agree. Grandfather and Grandmother even planned to renovate a place for them in the Jinglan Villa area. After Yuqi graduates from university, they’d let them get married.”

When he said this, Jungkook’s eyes darkened.

“Could it because of Qiqi’s scar? How did she…?”

“It was the same scar from the car accident with Yugyeom. Apart from the scar on her face, she suffered terrible burns on her back. Even with surgery, there’s no way of making it recover to how it originally was,” he answered, then suddenly reached out to hold her hand that was on her thigh. The slightly cold temperature of her skin was transferred through his palms too. “Lucas said he doesn’t mind, but Yuqi doesn’t have the courage to face it.”

To a girl like Yuqi, it would be hard to accept. She must have been a very proud girl, yet unexpectedly…

Lisa sighed as she looked down at her hand that he held and thought about it. Then, she lifted her other idle hand to hold his. “Don’t think too much about it. They’ll recover once she lets go.”

“Mmm, just arrange things for her for the day after tomorrow. I have to make a trip to New York with Eunwoo tomorrow and I might only be back after a week or so. I’ve already told Vice President Lee and the rest to handle matters at the office. I’ll rush back in time before the big meeting.”