0:72

After some time, she called his name out, "Jungkook..."

"Mmm?" He replied quietly.

Her eyes hidden in the dark sparkled slightly and her lips hesitated a little. She turned her body around and looked at his back facing her. After thinking for a bit, she turned back again.

Jungkook turned around when he heard behind him. He called out to her and pulled her into his arms when her back faced him. A slightly humid and deep voice reached her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I just wanted to try calling... Mmm!"

Before she could finish, the man's minty kiss came down from above her. His unique scent rushed towards her.

"It's not too much for me to get a good night kiss, is it?"

His voice sounded charismatic as ever and without waiting for her reply, he kissed her rosebud lips once again. At the same time, he carefully sent her the gentleness hidden deep within his heart.

Afterward, Jungkook thought to himself: he asked for it!

Although he usually had strong self-restraint, he had pulled off such a risky stunt. He took deep breaths as he prevented Lisa from moving, and then...

After breakfast the next day, the Manoban Residence started getting lively. Boonlong and Uncle Hong were taking care of the plants in the yard as Chitthip and Aunt Xu were making dumplings for the reunion dinner. While Seoul was in the north, many families had the practice of eating dumplings for their reunion dinner, so Chitthip made some too.

Jungkook and Lisa were handling the calligraphy couplets and lanterns.

They worked until 6 p.m. in the evening before the family had their reunion dinner joyously. Because the couple needed to hurry back to the Jeon Residence, Boonlong and Chitthip sent them off.

"I got Uncle Hong to put some gifts into the trunk. Give them to your grandparents and parents. Take some time to visit us after the New Year." Boonlong stood by the door and was starting to miss Lisa already.

In the end, the girl still had to go... Every time he thought about this, he felt like his treasure was being snatched away, and he felt empty and sour inside.

"Please be happy and well, Jungkook. Send my regards to your parents and grandparents," Chitthip told him.

The couple nodded. "Grandpa, Mother, please get back in. It's pretty cold outside. I'll be sure to return with Lisa after the New Year."

"Okay, get in the car. It's getting late soon. They're going to be worried!"

A rare gentle smile broke across Chitthip's frigid face as she patted Lisa's shoulder before she guided Boonlong back into the house.

"Mmm, we'll go now. Grandpa and Mother, please go back inside too." Lisa felt a little sullen as she sat on the front passenger seat and waved to them.

"Remember to come back frequently. Give us a call before coming over. Grandpa will prepare your favorite dish at home. Maple Residence isn't that far away from here..."

While Boonlong's voice sounded old, it had a very strong intent in it. Lisa nodded obediently.

The car started leaving the Shen Residence under the night sky.

The whole Seoul was very lively. They could hear the sound of firecrackers and fireworks and they passed through the streets. One by one, the fireworks went off in the night sky and Lisa stared at them with her clear eyes.

Suddenly, her phone started vibrating at the side and she came back to her senses. Taking a glimpse, she noticed that it was Chaeyoung calling her.

"Chaeng?" She picked up the call.