0:65

Luna weakly sniffed as she stubbornly held back the tears that welled up in her eyes, not letting them fall. Hanbin's hands had just closed in on her swollen face when tears the size of beads started to patter and fall onto the back of his hand.

Hanbin felt his heart wrench, but he could only pull her into his embrace. She could not suppress her emotions anymore as she wept.

"Hanbin, I'm really heartbroken. How could she do this to me? Does she hate me that much? Could it be that right from the start... we were wrong? If that's the case, I'd rather not have known you right from the start..."

(what a lie, what a lie)

She choked on her sobs as she said. A while after that, she just cried and her tears dampened Hanbin's shirt.

"Luna, from now on, it's best if you disturb her less just as she wishes..."

Hanbin's eyes were mixed with emotions, he looked down at Luna who was crying in his arms. He did not forget the words that Lisa had said earlier.

Luna had gone to university to look for Lisa's mother and had even mentioned something about a 20% of shares. Even though he did not know what it meant for sure, he could tell that something was off.

"I just wanted to make everyone do better. I didn't think that Sister would be so determined. I didn't expect that she'd really come and make us look so... so embarrassed. I'm sorry, Hanbin. I didn't know that she'd call Chairman Jeon over too. Why would she...?"

Luna wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. She sniffed and looked at Hanbin through tear-blurred eyes. Her voice was weak and raspy. "Hanbin, tell me, at this point, what else can I do?"

(I told you, stop bothering her)

Hanbin softly consoled her, "It's okay, Luna. You have good intentions but it didn't work out. Lisa always hated others disturbing her mother. I remember that day I already reminded you, but you didn't listen to me. Don't think too much. Now, tidy up a little and put on some fresh makeup. The people have already waited for very long downstairs."

When he saw Shanshan appear at the door, Hanbin pulled Luna away from his embrace and handed the ice bag to  Shanshan. "Help her get it together. The people downstairs should be impatient now. I'll go change."

He looked down at the shirt that had already been wrinkled from Luna crying into it. Helpless, he could only sigh on the inside.

"Okay, Cousin, you go first. Leave Cousin Sister-in-law to me."

Shanshan quickly took the ice bag.

"Luna, you said that the man earlier was Chairman Jeon from Glory World? Is that the Master Jeon who appears and disappears unpredictably?" Shanshan closed in and as she helped Luna ice her face, she asked a little preoccupied, "How did that slut Lisa get connected to Master Jeon?"

Hearing Shanshan, Luna was a little stumped for words. She subconsciously turned to look at the absent-minded Shanshan as something flashed in her eyes. It was so quick that no one could catch it. She then nodded gently. "He is Chairman Jeon. At Glory World's anniversary last night, I even saw him myself. I can't be wrong. As for Sister, she's a director at Glory World... It makes sense for Chairman Jeon to defend her..."

Even though Luna said this, she still found it a little odd.

Even if Lisa was a director at Glory World, the words that Chairman Jeon said earlier was not courteous at all. That manner of his did not seem like it was purely a superior sticking out his neck for his subordinate!

Could it be that Glory World's Chairman Jeon and Lisa were...?

When she thought about this possibility, Luna's heart tightened. The pale hand that gripped onto her skirt subconsciously tensed up and her eyes shifted.