0:40

It was some data related to Imperial Sky Entertainment City that her assistant, Yeri, had sent over at the last minute. It had all the data that she had spent days and nights and hard work arranging.

"Director Manoban... No, it's Missus... You're too courteous!" Chan was still trying to adapt to the change in address.

Lisa smiled before she waved. "Assistant Bang, whether it's at the company or at work, just address me as you used to."

To be honest, she was not too used to being addressed as Missus too. She kept feeling like she had aged just with people calling her that.

"Okay, Director Manoban!" Chan smiled candidly, as he looked towards the car. "Director Manoban, you'd better get into the car, it's quite cold out. The weather looks pretty gloomy too. It's probably the rain rushing to come before the New Year."

When Lisa heard this, she looked up towards the sky. Indeed, she noticed that there seemed to be hints of the haze. The weather in the past few days had been pretty kind, so she did not expect it to be like that now.

When she tore her gaze away, she noticed that Jungkook was already sitting steadily in the car driver's seat. She then nodded, "Okay, right, please help me reply to the Commerce Department that I'll get someone to retrieve the documents in another two days."

It was the data analysis that she had let Jungkook bring straight to the Commerce Department. The Commerce Department's efficiency was very high. They had very quickly amended the parts that needed corrections and handed it back to her for review.

"Okay, Director Manoban!" As Chan answered, she opened the car door for Lisa, who nodded politely as she bent down and was about to enter. However, suddenly Luna's rushed and concerned voice was heard from behind.

"Hold on, Sis!"

This sudden voice had startled Lisa in that second. The fingers that held onto the documents had subconsciously tightened as her entire body stiffened. She remained in that posture, and after a few blinks, she eased.

She thought about it and did not know what else she could say at this point, so she might as well pretend she did not see them. Maybe it would be better for her. Just as she was about to get into the car, Hanbin's voice suddenly rang out too.

"Lisa! Luna's just worried about whether you're doing well. There are some things that we should find a place to sit down and talk about it. That'd be best for everyone, wouldn't it?"

Hanbin had suddenly caught up too and he was holding onto Luna who was panting. Seeing Luna's beautiful eyes filled with guilt, unease, concern, and pain, he felt sorry for her. He turned to see Lisa's slightly angled body unmoving, and he felt an indescribable feeling again.

The fact that things have turned out this way was not his intention. He only hoped that Lisa could be frank and accept everything. That way, they might not need to feel so miserable and guilty.

Sometimes, people were like that, always hoping that others could be forgiving, yet very seldom standing in the other person's shoes to think about all the pain that other person had endured and swallowed to let them be. They never thought of how much strength and courage were needed.

He, Hanbin, had no doubt made this mistake too.

Lisa laughed bitterly. She fell silent for a moment before she straightened up, turned over, and her eyes looked indifferently at them. Although her gaze was still, her slightly raspy voice was very calm, "All that should've been said, I've said. All that should've been returned, I've returned. I'm doing very well right now. As for all your concerns, forget it."