0:43

"You really can't stay put, can you? Is your injury fine now?"

"It's fine. Shall we go?"

"No."

Lisa was speechless.

As all the dishes were about to be done, the rumble of a car's engine came from outside. Jungkook and Lisa went out to greet the guest. The slender-looking Chitthip got out of the car.

Chitthip had been a real beauty when she was young. She was the renowned Ice Beauty of Seoul National University. She had once been the perfect match with the most popular guy in University, Marco. Chitthip did not change much from back then except for a few wrinkles beside her eyes.

She wore a khaki mid-length windbreaker with a beige shirt inside along with long dark pants. Her black hair was combed into a beautiful coiffure. With her facial features nearly identical to Lisa's, her cold aura made her seem elegant. She seemed like someone who had gone through a lot in life as heavy concerns lay behind her quiet-looking eyes.

She seemed more like Lisa's sister than her mother.

"Mother!" Lisa went up and called out to her as she dipped her head slightly.

Chitthip stood there and nodded as she looked at Lisa. Her eyes soon averted to Jungkook beside her daughter. She took a hard, long look at him before looking away.

"Hello, Mother. I'm Jeon Jungkook," He greeted politely.

Chitthip went silent for a moment and looked at the both of them. Her face softened and she nodded as she spoke in her calm voice, "On the way here, I heard about you from Mr. Wong. Since it's already happened, I don't want to intervene too much either. You've both made the choice, so only you two can bear the consequences. I just hope that you guys will be happy."

Chitthip was an open-minded person, so when she found out about Boonlong trying to arrange a blind date for Lisa and Jungkook, she thought that it was alright as long as Lisa was happy.

She had been betrayed before. As someone who had gone through a failed marriage, she was pretty indifferent towards marriage now since it was all unpleasant memories for her. However, as a mother, she never taught Lisa to distrust men or to never believe in marriage again because she hoped that her daughter would not suffer like her.

The world was vast and she could not just deny everything because of her own bad experience. All unpleasant things were merely temporary or were just a tiny part of life. There were many more happy memories to be made and remembered.

Chitthip then took out a red packet and handed it to Jungkook. "My wish as a mother is simple. I just want you to be good and loyal to her, got it?"

Jungkook glanced at the quiet Lisa, then he nodded seriously. "Don't worry, Mother. I'll take care of her forever."

Chitthip blinked her eyes and nodded. "Keep this. Take it as a lucky token."

"Thank you, Mother." Jungkook accepted the red packet.

"Let's get in. It's pretty cold outside," Lisa spoke quietly.

Gyungmi and Jaeyoung came out and the latter called out to her when she saw Chitthip outside. "Chi!"

"Mimi, Jaeyoung! I see you guys are here as well." Chitthip smiled as she looked at Jungkook and Lisa with her gentle eyes and nodded before greeting the other married couple.

"Long time no see! You still look pretty young."

Gyungmi smiled and held Chitthip's hand. Her voice softened. "Unexpectedly, we've become in-laws. Suddenly, we've turned so old almost overnight."