0:75

He had just walked out the door when he saw Gyungmi right before him. She had a peculiar expression on her face; she must have heard a lot of their conversation.

Jungkook nodded and said softly, "I'm going back to call Lisa."

"Go ahead. The dishes are being prepared downstairs. I don't think she ate much tonight," Gyungmi responded, and Jungkook picked up his pace to walk out.

As she watched her son's fading shadow along the corridor, Gyungmi could not help but sigh softly. When she turned over, she noticed that her husband had already walked over.

"Why did you say all of these things to your son? Who's your daughter?"

A rare and suspicious blush crept across Gyungmi's composed and beautiful face as she fixed her gaze on Jaeyoung.

Jaeyoung laughed gently. "Aren't I just teaching our son to properly manage his marriage and family?"

"What Gguk said... Do you think he's still blaming me for it? With his intelligence, I'm afraid he's long figured out the whole thing. Watching him get along pretty well with Lisa, I... I'm guessing that the two of you are father and son indeed. Even your taste in women is the same. Years ago, your imagination also ran wild with Chitthip. Now that your son's fancied Chitthip's daughter... The mother and daughter have such remarkable resemblance..."

"What nonsense are you spouting? What wild imagination? If I did, would I have had such a grown-up son with you? How is Chitthip Manoban as amazing as you, Chief Jeon?"

Gyungmi shot him a side look. She breathed in and said, "Do you think Chitthip and Marco really ended just like that? Who's that Yoo Dari anyway? During our schooling years, she was just part of Chitthip's little posse just because of her family background! Marco has really gone and done it... Chitthip's life has been ruined by the two of them..."

"What do we know about other's family matters? Let them be. We should just watch after ourselves."

Jaeyoung heaved a long sigh. "I can tell that Chitthip didn't get over Marco all these years. Sometimes, I really don't understand you women. Since he's already decided to leave, why should she still be so hung up?"

"You're wrong about this. Sometimes, it might not be about being hung up. It's about giving up. With Chitthip's personality, it would be like that. However, if it were me, I wouldn't let go of them so easily! People who betray me must pay horribly. Then, I'll find the next good stop and relive my glory!" Gyungmi's tone was resounding while her gaze flickered with determination.

"The way you are, you definitely won't lose out. Look at how you raised Gguk and Yuqi. If Chitthip had a bit of your vigor, she wouldn't have to live such a difficult life."

As Jaeyoung said this, he pulled her out the door.

"What's so bad about that? The children can only be at less of a disadvantage after they've truly toughened up themselves. Otherwise, if we let them take after your personality, what benefit would they bring?"

Gyungmi had always been frank and clear-cut when she spoke. She was incisive and had a threatening manner. Even Jaeyoung, as the grand member of the provincial government, had now become a good-for-nothing before her.

Jaeyoung was lazy to argue with her, so he just followed after her and smiled gently.

The entire provincial government knew that his wife was amazing. He suddenly remembered that there was once when she came to his office to look for him. Even the female secretary who was receiving her stuttered when she spoke in her imposing manner...

However, only he knew her gentleness best...

-

When Jungkook returned to the room, Lisa had already finished her bath and was lying down. The main light in the bedroom was switched off too. Only a dim wall lamp was left lit up.