0:95

Dari frowned intensely and looked at Deng Wenwen. "Also there's the matter about Yueying's shares, Mother. If not for Lisa, there's no way Chitthip wouldn't have given it back to you if you confronted her. She's now targeting Luna. Just how many times has it been? I really don't want to talk about it. I'm worried people might comment on me mistreating my stepdaughter, but you've witnessed it all along the years. Just how many years have I been in the family? Have I ever mistreated her? Have I not thought of her first whenever there's something good?"

Deng Wenwen's expression darkened when she heard Dari's words. If Lisa heard these words, she wondered how she would react.

Thought of her first whenever there was something good?

Was there even once that whatever that "something good" was had not been taken away by Luna for various reasons?

"Mother..." Luna's frail voice broke the silence.

She looked at Dari helplessly with an underlying tone of criticism in her voice. "You really shouldn't go to meet Aunt on your own. Grandmother should be the one to meet her instead. We're the one at fault here. Aunt Shen and Sister had it rough all these years, and we're doing pretty fine. Can't we be more understanding towards them? After all, you're Aunt Shen's good friend, aren't you?"

These uncomfortable words worked its effects on Dari. She raised her head and looked at Luna with inexplicable helplessness in her expression. "Luna, you're only saying that because you don't understand what's happening between us. Chitthip was nearly identical like her daughter. She was cold and distant. Do you think I've done nothing all these years?"

"But, Mother..."

Luna was about to continue, but the once-silent Deng Wenwen voiced out, "Alright, that's enough! Stop bringing up the past. If this is really Lisa's doing, she's overdone it this time! She shouldn't give her own family such a hard time. I know she's angry with me for forcing her to sign on the contract as well as over the matter with Luna and Hanbin, but what else does she want after things have turned out this way?"

Deng Wenwen's voice was strict and firm. The Elder's eyes looked sharp as she said coldly, "If I don't do so, how should we solve the crisis for Yueying? The Kim family aren't idiots either. Why would they help us out for nothing in return? They'll only help if I say Yueying will be your dowry in the future! But the shares in Chitthip's hands are like a ticking bomb for us. It could explode anytime, so we have to get that document!"

"Mother, what do you want to do?" Dari's eyes brightened and she quickly turned over to Deng Wenwen.

Deng Wenwen stood up from her chair and said, "We'll go with the old way for Luna's matter. We'll let the scandal die down on its own. Luna, you don't have to do give an explanation to the public. The company will arrange more events with other partners to wash the negative news away. You have to be careful as well. Try not to be involved in these matters again. The company is in deep trouble right now, so avoid accumulating more issues."

"Then, about the shares..." Dari asked quietly.

"I have my plans. Leave it for now. We can start preparing on the projects with Kim Group. The stakeholder meeting is near and there will be drastic changes. Be wary!" Deng Wenwen cautioned seriously.

Dari and Luna exchanged glances before nodding.

+

Glory World Corporation's working hours ended exactly at 6 p.m.

The sky turned dark as people streamed out of the office building. Unlike the long days and short nights in the summer, the wind in the evening was dry and cold. It really started to get chilly after the sun set.