1:17

Before Chaeyoung could finish, Lisa had already pulled Chitthip and abruptly turned away. Her figure looked bleak and lonely. Just by watching her, Chaeyoung could feel the powerlessness in her steps.

She could not care much and quickly chased after them. There was an uproar at the wedding banquet as everyone looked towards Lisa and Chitthip’s figures as they left in a hurry…

She had just stepped out when Chaeyoung finally managed to catch up and gripped onto Lisa. “Lili! Stop! I’m telling you, you’re not suited to drive right now! I’ll send you home! Jimin, you send Aunty back!”

“It’s fine. Today’s your wedding day. Go back. It’s such a happy day. Please don’t let it be ruined by me…” Lisa’s voice was exceptionally calm as her expression was tranquil too. Her eyes had already turned grey and were silent as still water. There was no light in them at all.

Chaeyoung felt her heart ache. She did not know how much strength Lisa needed to hold back all of her anger and grievances, but she knew that Lisa had done so, not just for Chitthip, but also for her and Jimin.

When they saw quite a few people following after them, Jimin could only gloomily say in concern, “Lisa, I’ve already arranged for someone to come pick up Aunty. Chae, you accompany Lisa to rest in the VIP room.”

Yet, just as his voice fell, the hotel manager had already brought a few people and rushed over, until they reached Lisa, “Director Manoban!”

Lisa nodded, turning to look at the distracted Chitthip and say softly, “Please send my mother back to the Shen residence.”

“Mother, you…”

Chitthip looked miserable as she muttered before turning to leave, “I’m fine. It’s fine if they know. I am your father’s ex-wife… Okay, I’ll leave now. I’m fine. You don’t have to worry. Don’t mind their words either. We all believe you…”

“Director Manoban?” The hotel manager softly called out for Lisa.

Lisa closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. She nodded and then the hotel manager followed Chitthip out.

As she watched Chitthip’s figure gradually move further away, Lisa calmly said, “I’m going home too. Don’t worry. I’m fine.” Before Chaeyoung and the rest could react, she had already picked up her pace and walked ahead.

“Lili!” Chaeyoungwanted to follow after her, yet she was pulled back by Jimin. “Enough, Chae. Let her have some time alone.”

“I want to go settle scores with those two witches!”

Chaeyoung stormed right back in a rage.

Lisa plodded through the corridor with heavy footsteps. Suddenly, she thought that this corridor felt endless. It was very, very long. All around her were walls and it was so stifling that she almost could not breathe.

She was not sure how long had passed until she found the entrance…

When she walked out of the hotel, it had already turned dark outside. The streetlights were lit up, yet the faint light could not seem to pass through the vast, gloomy twilight. The night wind kept blowing, bringing a bone-chilling humidity into the air while the moist ground refracted varying lights and shadows because of the light shining down. The scene looked so desolate that it brought pain to one.

Her thin and lonesome figure passed through the gloomy, misty rain. When she walked under a dim streetlight, she finally took out her phone from her pocket and made a call. The person on the other end picked up very quickly.

“Hello? Detective Zhang? It’s me, Lisa… I wanted to ask about that thing. When will we get the results?”

“Earlier, I just checked Yang Daejung’s account. Another $200,000 was banked into him again three months ago, but I can’t be sure if it was from that person. It’ll probably be very hard to get evidence on this. Your father and grandfather personally erased all of the information about this, so it’s not that easy to open up the investigation again…”