0:55

Lisa laughed. “Mmm, come over here after work then. I’ll text you the address in a bit.”

She then hung up and swiftly texted him the address. He replied with an ‘okay’ in just a few seconds. Then, she went into the house.

She glanced over at the sofa when she went into the luxurious living room and saw Boonlong’s figure sitting right beside the coffee table.

“Miss….”

Aunt Xu was holding a teapot when she saw Lisa. She beamed happily, but just when she was about to call out to her, Lisa stopped her.

She kept her phone back into her pocket and nodded to Aunt Xu who smiled back at her before taking the tea from her. Then, she walked towards Boonlong.

He was carefully studying a jade Chinese chess set beside the coffee table. He was admiring it as he nodded from time to time, seeming very satisfied.

From the back, Lisa could recognize that the Chinese chess set was the one Jungkook had gotten Lucas to send over and Boonlong seemed to be very happy with it.

Lisa’s heart warmed up when she saw the smile on Boonlong’s face. She went over and handed him the cup of tea as she smiled. “Grandpa, you seem to be very interested in this Chinese chess set.”

Her voice broke his train of thought. His eyes looked lovingly at her when he turned around and saw Lisa. “You’re back!”

He glanced behind Lisa and did not see Jungkook’s figure. “Are you alone?”

Lisa sat down on the sofa. “I just came here on a whim. He’s still in the office and will only come over later.”

After replying him, she gently picked a chess piece on the board up. A slight warmth came into contact through her fingertips and her eyes brightened as she looked at Boonlong in surprise. “Is that warm jade?”

Shen Yue glanced at her and quickly took the chess piece back. “Of course, this set was auctioned in France and I was already interested in it back then. Who knew that that brat from the Jeon family would have issued a higher bid? Anyway, it’s mine now!”

Lisa then remembered the man had told her before he was previously somewhat affiliated with Boonlong. Was this one of their episodes?

Lisa laughed when she saw Boonlong’s scowl. “Grandpa, you should’ve given him more of a hard time back then. He might’ve taken out even more treasures to please you.”

Boonlong stared at her coldly after he heard her words. He said grumpily, “I wonder who’s nervous about me giving him a hard time back then. Moreover, what treasure can be more precious than my granddaughter? The Jeon family obviously got the better deal here, especially that brat!”

When she heard these words, the curve on Lisa’s beautiful face widened. She quietly watched Boonlong for quite a while, then she slowly got up. “I’ll go take a look in the kitchen.”

She had just reached the kitchen entrance when she smelled a tempting aroma filling the air. She raised her head slightly and the view of Chitthip’s narrow back greeted her.

Even though she had passed 50 years of age, Chitthip had maintained herself well and she still looked attractive for an aging woman. Appearing rather young, she looked similar to Lisa. When the mother and daughter stood together, they looked like sisters.

“You’re back.”

When she noticed Lisa standing right behind her, Chitthip suddenly turned around. She studied her carefully and in her cold eyes, something shifted.