1:27

As he listened, he could not help but laugh. "How much of a storm is this? We should be grateful that we're not living in war times, though fighting and scheming between people might not be easier than fighting in a war. I can understand how you feel too."

When she heard this, she did not say anything. Instead, she lowered her head silently.

At work the next day, as expected, Lisa received all sorts of weird looks from fellow colleagues on the way to work. The people who interacted with her were obviously clear-sighted, while those who stayed away looked on with doubt.

To say that she was not affected at all would be a lie, especially when she heard all of them secretly discussing her. In fact, when she logged onto Naver, she noticed that under the official Weibo feed, the news had been blocked. She did not seem to see any negative news about her in the newspapers today either.

She breathed in and relaxed in her chair, staring plainly at the screen that had already turned blank while an indescribable warmth crossed her heart.

He had quietly handled it all for her!

-

Jungkook did not go straight to the office this morning. Instead, he made a trip to Jaeyoung. There seemed to be some sort of emergency, and when he was done and went back to the office, it was already afternoon.

When they walked to the elevator, Chan suddenly asked, "Chairman Jeon, don't you want to have lunch first?"

"No need. Please send the details to VP Choi," Jungkook said and walked towards the elevator. However, just as he was about to enter, he heard several employees who were waiting for the elevator, whispering.

"Do you think the thing about Director Manoban is true? Even our Glory World official Naver blocked it!"

"I don't think so. Director Manoban doesn't seem like that kind of person."

"You can't really tell with something like this. It's impossible to judge one's heart from their face. I think that Director Manoban has some tricks up her sleeves. Didn't you see how her relationship with Chairman Jeon was so ambiguous shortly after he returned?"

Jungkook listened to all of them and started to frown. Chan cleared his throat, and then everyone snapped back. When they saw Jungkook standing behind them, their expressions changed drastically. They quickly said in a panic —

"Hello, Chairman Jeon... We... We were just talking nonsense..."

"Chairman Jeon, please..."

Jungkook's mysterious eyes shot them a cold look. Before they could finish, he already said indifferently to Chan, "Ask them to go to the finance department to settle their wages. They don't have to come to work tomorrow."

Then, he walked right into the elevator, leaving behind a cold air.

The few of them widened their eyes and only reacted after a while, yet the elevator door had closed.

Chan looked at them sharply too and reprimanded, "Didn't the company already ban discussions on this? Still, you knowingly did it! Pack up and go to the finance department to settle your wages."

"Assistant Bang, we didn't do it on purpose. Assistant Bang..."

"Assistant Bang, please help us tell Chairman Jeon..."

They wanted to beg for forgiveness, yet Chan already walked into the elevator with his documents.

This morning, he could already detect that Master was not in a very good mood, and now he had to hear such gossip too. Naturally, he would be unhappy. Furthermore, they were discussing Missus's matters...