0:17

Lisa's chest felt weighed down and her facial expression froze as well.

"Right, Lili, are you going back for your grandfather's birthday this weekend? I think you shouldn't. You might get disgusted when you see their faces!" Chaeyoung huffed.

Lisa took a light inhalation. As she remembered Deng Wenwen and Yoo Dari's attitude back at the hospital, she put up a cold smile and her tone was chilly. "Why not? It's Grandfather's birthday. Of course, I'll go back! They should be the one hiding, not me."

"But... I'm worried about you. Who knows what that witch will do?!" Chaeyoung's tone softened as she was genuinely worried.

Lisa smiled and her voice became gentler as well. "Thank you, Chaeng. It's been a long time since I've gone back. I should go back even if it's just to take a look at Grandfather. I have to go back to mom's residence tomorrow. I've got something to do."

"Got it, I'll reschedule the appointment then. Please be careful on your own. Give me a call if there's anything. I'm just worried that you'll feel upset when you saw that cheating couple!"

"Mmm."

Lisa hung up and she unconsciously clenched the documents she was holding with a bitter smile on her face.

Ding!

The sound of the lift rang and the door opened.

Lisa took a deep breath, seeming a little out of it as she walked out of the lift. She appeared to have forgotten about Jungkook and Chan behind her.

"Di-"

As Chan was about to call out to Lisa, he stopped when he saw Jungkook's face.

Jungkook's eyes had darkened slightly as he looked in the direction Lisa left. He only exited the lift slowly after a short while.

"Master, Director Manoban seems to be related to Mayor. If I'm not mistaken, Luna Bruschweiler is the daughter of Mayor and Kim Hanbin is the master of Kim Corporation. Both of them have just returned from abroad not too long ago. There's also news that the Bruschweilers and the Kims are going to be connected through their marriage. Kim Hanbin is probably getting engaged to Luna Bruschweiler. As for Director Manoban..."

Chan felt doubtful. Actually, the whole of Glory World Corporation was not very familiar with Director Manoban's background. She was rather secretive and never really talked to anybody aside from work-related matters. It was near impossible to know her personal information.

"Oh right, Master, I'm not sure if you remember Luna Bruschweiler. The Imperial Sky Jewelry City is finishing up soon and the Public Relations Department was thinking about inviting her to become our company's jewelry ambassador. She's very popular now. After all, as a young girl with a very positive image, she's pretty great overall. The Public Relations Department sent you the proposal several days ago and you gave the green light too," Chan explained when he saw that Jungkook did not say anything.

"Imperial Sky Jewelry City? One of the projects within Imperial Sky Entertainment City?" Jungkook asked after giving it some thought.

Chan nodded. "That's right, Master! It's one of the projects within Imperial Sky Entertainment City which is nearly done now. All the shops are filled and we'll be able to run it very soon. The Planning Department and the Public Relations Department are working on the opening ceremony. By estimates, we'll be able to have the opening ceremony by the Chinese New Year."

"Who's handling this project?"

"Master, this project is handled by Director Manoban and Director Chu. After Director Chu shifted away, all the plannings and execution were mostly done under Director Manoban's supervision, including the phase to recruit businesses to join. After that, it's the Planning Department and the Public Relations Department's job to work on the opening ceremony. The old chairman was happy with her efficiency, which was why he appointed Director Manoban to handle New Era Plaza.