0:52

Hanbin's words stunned Luna. She clenched her fists tightly as her expression turned pale. She nodded, her eyes unable to hide her sadness. She said gloomily, "I gave it to her, but she..."

Luna did not continue and her beautiful eyes started to tear up. Her expression was in pain while she bit her lip and went quiet. Looking downwards, she quietly said, "You know her personality. What happened recently must have hit her quite badly. Please don't blame her, Hanbin. I've always considered Sister as a really good person. Don't you think so too?"

What did he think of Lisa?

He was suddenly reminded of their past...

"I hope we can make up to her, Hanbin. About Yueying, I know your parents are doing it for my sake, but can we give her a token of compensation? $5 million... Is it too little?"

(Yup, we only accept hundred billions for compensation)

Luna frowned as she looked at Hanbin. "I don't care, even if Grandmother objects, I'll compensate her myself. I'd do anything to make her feel better."

(maybe not bother her? that'd make her feel A LOT better)

"Okay, Luna, I understand how you feel. I guess there's no other way since it's come down to this. We didn't know that my parents and your grandmother would make that kind of decision as well. It's really cruel towards Lisa. Moreover..."

The scene when the knife plunged into her shoulder started playing in his mind. He could not believe that she would pull such an extreme stunt!

"Hanbin, do you think Sister will attend our engagement party? I wanted to look for her just now, but I was worried that she might be unhappy if she sees me, so in the end, I didn't..."

Luna's eyes were full of misery as her tone turned weak and worrisome. "Father became cold towards Mother for quite some time because of what happened to Sister. I really don't understand, Hanbin. Does she not feel comfortable with whatever we've done for her so far? Why is Sister being like this?"

"Stop talking about it, Luna. I'm the one who betrayed her. It's not your fault and you don't have to blame yourself... Let's go now. Back to the villa!" Hanbin told the driver impatiently. He held Luna's waist and looked outside the window, his gaze seemed complicated.

He had never loved Lisa, but why did he felt such a heavy sense of guilt when he saw her extremely cold expression?

The guilt made him feel an indescribable pressure. He would prefer her to scold him angrily instead of just walking away coldly. He might have felt better instead of feeling really troubled by it as he did now.

+

The sun slowly went down and the sky turned red as the last of the soft golden rays bathed the city from the horizon. The whole town was shrouded in a gentle charm.

Tiny rays of sunlight went past the window blinds. Lisa, who had been working on the living room sofa the whole afternoon, finally looked away from her documents. She glanced at the sun through the windows and instinctively took a look at the clock. She noticed that it was already pretty late.

Jungkook was not back yet. Usually, he would already be preparing food in the kitchen. Maybe he was busy because the holidays were coming soon.

He seemed to dislike people disturbing his life. According to Sis Wang, Master Jeon only allowed them to come and clean the house after he left. Looking at the huge Maple Residence, even though it was empty, it was a different feeling as compared to when she was living alone. It was at times like this that she felt lonely.