1:93

“I’m willing to put myself down for him and be friends with Chitthip. Chitthip was so cold and arrogant. She was usually alone and no one knew about her family. She seems to be pretty poor, so she kind of isolated herself. Some also said that her aura seems to be that of a daughter of a prestigious family, yet she dressed normally. She wasn’t someone who’d let people get close easily. I spent around half a year just to barely befriend her.”

Dari sighed, her tone sounding unfortunate, “Her grades were outstanding and we were comparable. Sometimes, she was even better than me. Usually, her name was right behind your father’s, but she didn’t socialize much, so I usually scored higher in terms of overall grading. However, your father never noticed me…

“Maybe you couldn’t understand the pain. I felt my heart getting sliced up whenever I saw them having fun chatting with each other! That witch Chitthip! I was so nice to her and compromised so much with her. I even told her that I liked your father, yet she still went for him. Initially, she did not even think about going out with your father.”

Dari inhaled before she lowered her head and blinked her eyes. Her throat felt bitter. “My family didn’t approve of me going out with your father back then, but I wasn’t attracted to any other man except him. In the end…”

She did not continue. These memories were a sad story to her. They had been sealed deep inside her for a very long time.

Who else would stoop for love lower than Dari?

Who else would be stupider for love than Dari?

Every time she felt a grievance, she told herself that she would be able to make it. If she continued to be by his side and care for him for 5 years, 10 years, 20 years… One day, she would be able to move his heart!

However, the truth proved otherwise. Her idea of changing Marco was wrong! Because Marco had toughened his heart, no matter how much time she spent, it would just be futile.

Maybe he had lost his heart from the very beginning after he had given all his feelings to Chitthip and never spared any for Dari!

Suddenly, a pang of immense sadness and agony flooded her head. Her whole body was in pain as she covered her face and could not help but start crying again.

Luna’s heart broke when she saw her. She patted her back sympathetically. “Mother, you’re so silly!”

“Yes, I’m silly, but I’ve never regretted it. At least, he’s been staying by my side for the past 20 years, right? It’s enough for him to stay by my side. What can Chitthip do? I don’t want her to keep the man she wanted. I don’t want to let them be together. I just want to keep your father beside me…” Dari sounded determined as her eyes were brimming with confidence.

“Mother, I’ll support you no matter what you do!”

+

The warm sun hung high in the clear sky. Several clouds were floating around the vast blue sky.

In the afternoon, at Incheon airport in.

Jungkook was holding Lisa’s hands as they walked outside through the VIP route. Chan and a couple of bodyguards in black suits were right behind them.

After handling the matters over there, they had left the remaining work to Vice President Lee, finally relieved.

“Master, Lucas' calling!” On their way out, Chan handed Jungkook his phone.

Jungkook grabbed it while he slung another arm over her shoulder. He said into the other end of the phone, “It’s me.”

“Master! You finally picked up!”