0:13

He could tell that she had probably been wild once. Her movements just seemed a little out of practice.

When she heard him, Lisa paused. Her cold gaze greeted his knowing gaze and she fell silent for a while. Then, she suddenly laughed gently as if to mock herself. "You could tell?"

After a short pause, a soft sigh floating into his ear along with the thin air. "Three years. It's been three years. I don't have any special abilities. I just thought that racing was a very good way of venting my worries until... Later on, I suddenly felt like I've lost interest in everything. Then, I stopped going back. Indeed, there are some things that will slowly become unfamiliar after you've neglected it for too long..."

Jungkook watched her silently, noticing that both her eyes were focused on staring ahead. Her slim body looked very frail and some undertones of loneliness and desolation were apparent on the fair and delicate side of her face. He stayed silent for a moment, then finally nodded gently. He tore his gaze away and slowly shut his eyes.

"Many people are used to stubbornly use other people's mistakes or the past to hurt themselves. However, this is actually a very stupid way to do things. Lalisa, do you think you are someone like that?"

His voice suddenly calmly brushed past her ears...

Lalisa, do you think you are someone like this?

Are you?

In that instant, Lalisa found that she did not have an answer, so she remained silent. The light in her twinkling eyes started to shift. While he did not say anything either, he just leaned back to rest. The car gradually flowed with a vaguely warm atmosphere and the quiet air did not seem stiff.

The car steadily drove through the clean and long cement main street, making its way towards the Grand Waves Villa area. The guards at the entrance were already different from the one they had seen when they left that morning.

However, once the guard saw Jungkook's car and the man himself resting in the front passenger seat, he very respectfully bowed at the car and swiftly opened the gates. He even stole a few more careful glances at Lisa who was in the driver's seat before he smiled and waved to greet her.

Lisa also nodded gently at him before driving the car in.

At the entrance of Maple Residence, Lisa steadily parked the car. Jungkook seemed a little tired beside her, so much so that when the car stopped, he was still leaning back with both eyes closed and his breath was even.

She thought about it for a moment before looking at him to gently call out, "We're here. Get down. Go home and sleep."

After she said that, she did not see him react for a long time, yet his brows were still furrowed deeply. He seemed like he was not very comfortable.

"Jungkook?" Lisa could only raise her voice a little.

This was when Jungkook opened his eyes which were heavy with fatigue. He took a look at Lisa, then pushed the car door open to get down.

These past few days, he had been pulling all-nighters. Last night, he was even up all the way to daybreak, and they had gone out and about that entire day. His body, which was on the weaker side, could not quite hold up. Further affected by the cold winds, he suddenly felt quite drowsy.

Lisa put the car keys on the gift box in her hands before handing the entire thing over to Jungkook as she smiled and said, "Go back and rest well. Thank you for today. I haven't been this happy in a long time."

Jungkook turned his body sideways. Seeing her beautiful little face flash with a bright and contented smile while her beautiful eyes filled with currents of gratitude, his indifferent face flashed with peace too. He nodded gently and lifted a hand to accept the gift and the car keys.