0:56

Lisa paused and lowered her eyes to stare at the swaying tea in her hands. Suddenly, she did not know what to say.

“Because of your father and me, we ruined your childhood. All these years we’ve given you too little care. Lisa, do you think that as your mother, I feel like a stranger to you?”

Chitthip’s eyes suddenly revealed a hint of darkness. Her hands slowly gripped the teacup tightly as she looked up at Lisa.

Lisa was dazed for a moment, then she gently shook her head. “No…”

In her impression, her mother, Chitthip, was actually a very cold person. She always maintained her elegant and calm demeanor. Even if Father had cruelly betrayed her, she kept her sadness and disappointment to herself. After being dispirited for a while, she picked herself back up. Lisa wanted to say that her mother had actually always been a very healthy role model to her.

When she heard Lisa say that, Chitthip suddenly chuckled elegantly. Despite her age, her attractive face revealed a rare smile filled with warmth. “When I look at you, I always think about my younger self. In the blink of an eye, I’m old now. As beautiful as the memories were, they can’t resist the fleeting time that passes by abundantly. In a flash, everything has become unadulterated.”

She could vaguely feel the bleakness in Chitthip’s words, so Lisa softly called out to her, “Mother…”

Still, Chitthip just calmly inhaled and lifted a hand to massage the fatigued space in between her brows and said with waning interest, “Okay, it’s very late now. I’m worried you guys aren’t used to being out so late either, so it’s best to go back earlier. Does Jungkook still have to go to work tomorrow?”

Chitthip had always kept a lot to herself and was not willing to talk about anything with anyone. Even if it were her daughter, Lisa, she would never complain in front of her.

When Lisa saw that she seemed a little down, she consoled her, but noticing that she continued to keep silent, she left.

Lisa drove back to Maple Residence. Jungkook had drunk quite a bit with Boonlong, so once he got into the car, he immediately leaned back to rest with his eyes closed.

The car was very quiet. In fact, they could vaguely feel an out-of-the-ordinary stifled sort of quiet.

After he felt more at ease, Jungkook opened his eyes to look at the petite woman driving beside him. When he saw her calm expression and her intense focus on the road ahead with a cold aura all around her, he pondered for a moment, then said softly, “What’s wrong? Weren’t you just fine earlier? Did your mother criticize you?”

His sudden voice startled the driving Lisa. She looked at him from the side then shook her head. “No, I just don’t know whether what I’m doing is right or wrong. She didn’t even ask me what I wanted to do. I thought she wouldn’t give it to me…”

When he heard her, Jungkook’s eyes revealed that he was puzzled.

Lisa could only sigh to herself. Holding the steering wheel steadily with one hand, she took the two files beside her to hand them to Jungkook. “Look for yourself.”

Jungkook took it and opened the first file. It was that document that Chitthip had signed while the second file was the copy of the document that Lisa had signed in West Park the other day, attached with a cheque for $5 million.

His eyes suddenly revealed a cold light. It was hard to read emotions in his gaze as his expression remained very calm. His long fingers held onto the cheque and he turned to fix his eyes on Lisa. “What does this mean?”

“This is the so-called ‘compensation’ that they’re giving me. Luna called me this afternoon to ask me out,” she answered plainly.

“So, did you go?”