Ex Bushroot x Resentful Reader pt. 4

Start from the beginning

You sigh and you say, "He's right, Reggie. We both do. I've had problems, too." You look at him and he says, "(Y/N). Can you ever forgive me? I'm so sorry, honey." You sniffle and you nod. You grab his hand and he grabs yours.

You come closer. You say, "I don't care how you look, Reggie. You're not gross. Or ugly. You're still that handsome plant man I knew and met. You can get back to the way you were if you'd like. But I do want both of us to get help. See a therapist. Starting when you come out of the hospital." He says, "Agreed. Oh, (Y/N). I love you so much." You say, "I love you, Reggie." You both lean in and you kiss. 

Liquidator smiles and leaves the room. He says, "Ah, all is right with the world again. Those two will be back with each other in no time." Quackerjack says, "At least he made it out alive." Megavolt says, "Yeah. No kidding. That was scary. I knew he was depressed for a while, but damn. He literally survived suicide." 

Quackerjack says, "That's what it took to get her to change her mind. A suicide attempt. Drastic stuff, but it worked out right?" Liquidator says, "Affirmative. Plus, we'll have our Bushroot back as the Fearsome Four as well." Megavolt says, "Yeah. Truth be told, it's not the same without him." Quackerjack says, "No. It's not." 

The doctor comes over and she says, "Reginald will be able to leave in three days, gentlemen." Liquidator says, "Ah, thanks doc. You can guarantee that you'll be spared from our villainous wrath or your money back." 

She giggles a bit. He smirks as he realizes something about the doctor. She looks at him and says, "I gotta say... you're pretty buff for being made out of water." He says, "Yeah?" She says, "I'll be right out. I'm gonna check on our Reginald." He says, "You go on ahead and do that, doc.~" 

She blushes and she smiles. She walks to the door and goes inside. Quackerjack whistles and says, "Boy, Liquidator. Flirting with the doctor all of a sudden?" Liquidator says, "Why not? She's a cutie. No doubt about that." 

Megavolt says, "Should be a nurse, then I'll have that excuse to quote Animaniacs." Quackerjack says, "Just say 'Hello doctor.'~" He makes a rawr sound. Megavolt says, "They never made that creepy rawr sound like you did just now." Quackerjack grins and says, "Just saying." 

You and Bushroot pull away and you hear this, "Reginald Bushroot." He looks over and so do you. The doctor who is Doctor Alexis Mitchel says, "You're in perfect health and you'll be able to go home in three days." 

Bushroot smiles and says, "Thank you, doctor." Dr. Mitchel says, "Is there anything you have planned for yourself, Reginald?" Bushroot says, "Yeah, doc. There is actually. I'm looking to seeing a therapist." You say, "So am I." 

She says, "That may be a good idea, Mr. Bushroot. I would suggest that as well with your current state. I would recommend Dr. Julian Gray. He's got fifteen years experience and helps a lot of suicidal patients as well. And relationships." Bushroot says, "Alright. Dr. Gray it is." 

(Time skip.)

A few days go by. Bushroot is at therapy right now, getting help. He's laying back on the chair as Dr. Gray talks to him. Dr. Gray says, "Mr. Bushroot. How did your relationship with (Y/N) spiral out of control?" Bushroot sighs and says, "I was an idiot, Dr. Gray. I screwed everything up." Dr. Gray says, "Go on. You can tell me." 

Bushroot says, "I was walking with her in the garden over four months back. Our relationship was going well until this day. I set her up. I took her to a rose patch since she loved roses so much. But I ended up using my powers to get vines to hold her back. I thought she'd been using me to get to my flowers and that's why I felt I had to do that. It was the biggest mistake I've made, doc. Turns out she did love me, but ended up leaving me after that incident." 

Dr. Gray says, "Miss. (L/N)'s currently seeing me too, Mr. Bushroot. Tell me what happened after the two of you broke up." He says, "I didn't feel the point in feeling happy after she left me. I let myself go. I ate a lot of fatty foods. I stared drinking booze... as you see my gut here. At least I trimmed my hair back to the way it was, but it was long and ragged. Like I haven't showered in a while. Depression was getting to me, doc." 

He says, "Right. And what made you feel the need to overdose and try to take your own life?" He says, "I wasn't gonna get (Y/N) back, so that's why I did it. She felt no remorse before this. She had a hatred for plants and flowers after our breakup. And men. She started drinking as well. I survived my suicide attempt and saw that she was there in the hospital room seeing me. Turns out that's what it took, doc. I got her back by trying to off myself." 

After this talk Dr. Gray says, "Reginald. I've listened in and wrote about your problems. You're suicidal and currently fighting depression. I'm going to suggest you take medicine. I'm going to prescribe you with Zoloft." Bushroot says, "Alright. Thanks, doc." He says, "You're welcome. Thank you for coming to see me. Two days a week, Reginald. Until you're fully recovered from your severe depression." 

So what happens is Bushroot keeps seeing Dr. Gray and so do you. Turns out you were facing anger issues after the breakup, so you were prescribed with Prozac. This was also due to years of pent of anger from all the previous guys you've dated. The ones who either set you up, lied to you, cheated on you, etc. Your problem turns out to be slightly more severe than Bushroot's, but he still loves you. 

He starts to work out and he slims back down to his original weight he was before he fell into depression. He had gotten back with the Fearsome Four after getting out of his depressed state. Your anger dies down a bit and you and Bushroot are happy again. What happens is that he proposes to you a year later and your answer is yes. You end up married and having three kids. Two daughters and a son.

Liquidator on the other hand ends up with the Doctor from the hospital. Dr. Alexis Mitchel. They end up married and having two children. Twin girls. Quackerjack ends up with your friend Joan Lancer. They end up married and having four kids. All boys. Megavolt ends up with an adult film star named Candy Harper. They end up with eleven kids. Five girls and six boys.

(End.)