Natsu x Reader: Obstacle (High School AU) [requested]

A/N: Thank you to lil_waffleowo for the request! Sorry for the delay. I've been doing some other writing that distracted me. Also, thank you for 58k! Enjoy!

*******

It wasn't unusual. Well, for (Y/N) at least. Everyone else tended to do double takes on game day. Being part of the boys' varsity soccer team certainly wasn't easy, but nonetheless, (Y/N) was one of the best players. The school made the exception when the coach spotted the (H/C) haired girl practicing on the empty field at night. Once he saw her accurately hit a small target in the goal net on the opposite end of the field, he rushed to the director and stated that she "had to" be on the team. So, she did. Before then, (Y/N) had only played the sport for fun. She wasn't part of any teams, but she loved playing with her friends in her freetime.

"Wanna hang out Saturday, (N/N)?"

(Y/N) looked over to one of her closest friends, Lucy, and waved it off.

"Game, remember?"

"You know," the blonde slyly started, "you being on an all boys team must be hell."

"It's not that bad, Lu," (Y/N) laughed. "Besides, I get my own locker room on game day."

Suddenly, Lucy jumped in surprise when she felt a hold on her shoulders. When she heard a small chuckle, she whipped her head around and glared at the pink haired boy.

"Hi there," he cheerily greeted.

"Don't do that!"

(Y/N) giggled at the sight and turned to address Natsu.

"Whatcha want, Dragneel?"

"Team meeting at three."

"How many team meetings do you all have?" Lucy questioned. "It seems like every day."

"Well it wouldn't be so many if the guys would stop beating each other in the locker room while we're supposed to be listening."

Natsu huffed and flipped her off before jogging over to the other end of the hall where some of the other members were.

"How is he captain? He doesn't seem to be organized at all."

"He might not look like it, but he's a really good leader."

"Whatever you say, miss allstar."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and pushed Lucy towards their shared class.

-------

"No way, Fullbuster. We're doing it this way."

"Oh yeah? Well this plan is so much better, pinky."

"What did you just say?!"

(Y/N) let out a loud sigh and leaned her back against the lockers.

"Hey boys," she started, "let's get planning, yeah? We have that match with Sabertooth in a week and we still have nothing."

They continued to bicker, so (Y/N) did the thing that was the only way to get them to stop: slapping her hand on the lockers to make a loud 'bang' echo through the room. Everyone stopped and looked at her.

"Are you children done?"

-------

Practice came and went, and everyone was exhausted. Running laps until they dropped would be an understatement. Mostly because Elfman did end up dropping and the coach forced him up and made him keep going. By the time the last lap came around, everyone was struggling to stay upright, and it was only when Natsu sat down on the grass and refused to do anymore that the coach finally let them stop.