Natsu x Non-wizard!Reader: Bakery [requested]

Thank you to LoveAnime4ALiving for the request!

*********

It was no surprise that Natsu liked to eat. In fact, there was never an hour where he was not thinking about his next meal. So when he learned about a new bakery, he was the first to check it out.

"Are you serious, pyro? You can't just jump at the sight of food every single time."

"Well I was gonna ask if you wanted something," Natsu sarcastically replied, "but you obviously don't want anything."

Gray scoffed and said that he wasn't going to get him anything anyway before he made his way over to the bar. Natsu huffed before walking out of the guildhall and into the streets. Happy was close behind him, hovering beside the dragon slayer.

"Do you think they have fish?" Happy asked, excited.

"It's a bakery, so probably not. But it's sure to have some cool cakes and stuff."

They found the bakeshop near the edge of town and quickly opened the door, a small bell ringing upon their arrival. They both scanned the shop, taking in the little seating area and reading nook in the corner.

"Reading? Who the heck reads when they come to eat?"

"Actually," a small voice sounded, "a lot of people like to. It's a quiet place to eat a pastry and dive into a story."

Natsu and Happy turned in the direction of the voice and saw a young girl with (H/C) hair and (E/C) eyes. She gave a welcoming smile before waving them over to the dessert counter.

"We have a variety of homemade desserts, and we put our all into baking each one. Let me know which one you--"

"Do you have any fish?" Happy interrupted.

The girl jumped and looked at the exceed wide eyed.

"You can...talk?"

"Aye, sir!"

Natsu spoke up, pulling their attention back to the desserts, "Which one do you recommend?"

"I made the cookies and cupcakes, so I'm a little biased towards them, but the pies are really good as well."

"I'll take one of everything."

"Great! Do you have a preference for the...did you say one of everything?"

Natsu gave an excited 'uh-huh' and grinned.

"They all look good, and I'm hungry."

"Well, I mean, are you sure?"

He nodded and stepped over to the tray of cookies. The girl studied him for a second before shrugging it off and walking behind the counter and ringing up his order. He quickly gathered his food and led him and Happy over to a table by the window. They took a bite, and both of them had stars in their eyes.

"This is so good," Happy cried.

-------

"Now where are you going?"

"I need a cookie."

Happy's ears perked up, and he quickly followed Natsu over to the bakeshop. The bell dinged, and they sat by the window while they waited. The girl from before approached the table and smiled.

"Well hello again."

"Can I have a cookie, miss?" Happy asked as he jumped in his chair.

"You're not gonna order everything again?" She teased.