Natsu x Lactose Intolerant!Reader: Adjustment [requested]

A/N: Thank you to Waterfoower for the request! This was fun and it made me realize just how many foods I choose to eat when I shouldn't. Lactose intolerant squad, where are you?

*******

After a year of dating, Natsu had made the next move and asked (Y/N) to move in with him and Happy. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. That is, until (Y/N) reminded him of one thing: dietary restrictions. You see, (Y/N) is lactose intolerant, and Natsu was the farthest thing from that. He could freely eat any food he wanted, but (Y/N) had to be careful. If she ingested anything containing lactose, her whole stomach would turn, and there would be many cases of vomit. So it was, of course, best that she just stay away from the red flag foods.

Natsu was, unsurprisingly, struggling to remember this little detail. And it was very important that he did.

"Nothing with lactose."

"Cheese?"

"No."

"Milk?"

"Nope."

"Ice cream?"

"No, Natsu."

"What kind of life do you live?" Natsu questioned, concerned.

"Natsu," (Y/N) laughed, "I'm lactose intolerant. As long as I stay away from food that contains lactose then I'm fine."

"I can't believe you can't eat ice cream. That's horrible."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and flicked his forehead, eliciting a small 'ow' from the dragon slayer.

"It's not that bad once you get used to it."

"How am I gonna remember all this stuff?" He screamed, pulling his hair.

-------

It was moving day, and Natsu had just finished hauling all of (Y/N)'s stuff out of her apartment and into the house. (Y/N) thanked him for his help and flopped down in the living room, giving a playful 'I'm tired' which earned her a scoff from the sweating dragon slayer.

"I just wanna nap."

"So go nap," (Y/N) giggled. "I'm certainly not stopping you. I can unpack my kitchen stuff while you do."

Natsu grabbed her hand and shook his head as he started to tug her further into the house. He jumped onto the bed and pulled her down so she fell on the mattress.

"You're taking a nap with me. Then we can unpack."

"Deal."

-------

(Y/N) heard clanging from the kitchen, and she darted out of bed to face whatever intruder had broken in. She swiftly kicked the intruder in the stomach, and it was only then that she realized it was Natsu. Loud groans escaped him, and he held his stomach where her foot made contact.

"Sorry Natsu. I forgot that I'm not in my apartment anymore."

"And here I was trying to make you breakfast," he sassed.

(Y/N) took a look at the pans on the stove and smiled when she saw the different breakfast foods. Natsu was quick to recover once a small 'ding' caught his attention. He quickly plated the food and handed her plate over to her. (Y/N)'s eyes landed on the food and she sighed before handing it back over to him.

"I can't eat this."

"What? Why not?"

"I can't eat pancakes."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. The batter makes me sick."

Natsu groaned and quickly took the pancakes off her plate and swallowed them whole.