Natsu x Reader: Sick

It was here. The dreaded flu season was upon Magnolia. The first person to get sick? Natsu Dragneel. And who exactly was taking care of him? Well, no one at first because he had a tendency to be stubborn. Eventually he caved and recruited some help. From who? None other than (Y/N) (L/N). She was currently fighting Natsu as she tried to place a cloth over his head.

"Natsu, knock it off! You'll feel so much better."

"I'm a fire wizard, so it's pointless to try to cool me down. Just leave it."

"You're gonna get worse if you overheat."

"But I don't overheat."

"Put the damn cloth on."

Natsu groaned and held out his hand for it before placing it on his head.

"I have a headache," he moaned as he shifted so he could look at her face.

"Yeah well you're giving me one."

-----------------------------------------

Natsu made a face as he looked at the medicine. He stared at it intently, carefully watching the liquid move in the spoon.

"You just have to take a spoonful."

"Will you hug me if I do?" He asked with hope in his voice.

"You're sick, Dragneel. I'm not getting sick."

The dragon slayer huffed and turned his head away from her. (Y/N) rolled her eyes.

"You need to get better."

"My own girlfriend won't even touch me. This is so cruel."

"It's just the flu, Natsu. You'll be fine in a week or so."

"A week?!"

"It'll be fine, Natsu. Just let me help you."

---------------------------------------------

"(Y/N)," Natsu whined, "can you at least--"

"No Natsu. You're sick. You're sleeping alone."

He groaned, pulling himself up from the couch and struggled to walk towards (Y/N). Once he reached her, he smiled innocently and pulled her into a hug.

"Natsu--"

"Please? I don't want to."

Her glare softened as she took in the pale and sweaty dragon slayer. He was shaking slightly, and his eyes were glossed over. She sighed and brought him back over to the couch, earning a frustrated groan.

"Come on (N/N), just for an hour. You surely won't get anything that quick."

She wordlessly tugged him towards the couch again, sitting down and tapping her lap. He smiled wide and laid his head in her lap and let out a contented breath. Fingers gently raked through the fire mage's hair and about ten minutes later, Natsu was sound asleep. (Y/N) looked at his peaceful expression: his relaxed eyebrows, the slightly parted mouth, his twitching nose. It all added up to the Natsu that she fell in love with. As per usual when he's sick (or dreaming, but he seemed to always have at least one incident when sick), Natsu's hand was engulfed by flames, and he blindly flared it around, narrowly missing the (H/C) girl. She let out a 'tsk' before pinching his cheeks. The flames immediately went out as he squirmed away from her touch.

"You're such a handful," she mumbled, but she couldn't help but smile.

-----------------------------------------

"I feel so much better today! I'm cured."

(Y/N) took one look at Natsu and rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah? If you're all better then why did you just throw up?"