Natsu vs Algebra (High School AU) [Requested]

A/N: Thank you to treqqpoinie112 for the request! Enjoy!

******************************************

"I'm telling you, Natsu. The answer is negative two!"

"No it's not. It's clearly a positive two!"

(Y/N) groaned and flipped to the problems page in the textbook and pointed out the rules. She guided him to the negative examples and tried to explain it to him. Natsu looked down at the problem again and scoffed.

"It's two."

"It's negative two."

"Algebra is stupid. Why do we even need this?"

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and continued to help him. He let out a groan and stood up from his seat and stretched.

"I give up," he said as he surrendered. "I can't do this anymore."

"We have a test tomorrow. We have to do this."

"Well then I'm not going tomorrow. I'll take the make-up one."

"You know just as well as I do that Mister Makarov doesn't do make-up tests. You have to take it tomorrow."

Natsu walked over to a nearby wall and pressed his head against it.

"Come on Natsu," (Y/N) coaxed, "we can take a break after we finish the next couple problems."

"It's fucking two!"

"Natsu, it's negative two!"

He went and walked towards the door, opening it while huffing.

"Where do you think you're going? We're not even done with this problem yet."

"I'm going to get a coffee or something. I can't do math like this."

"Can you make me a hot chocolate?"

Natsu softly closed the door and made his way downstairs to the kitchen. (Y/N) laid on her back and let out a breath.

"This is gonna take forever. I hate math."

She got up off the floor and made her way over to Natsu's bed before jumping on it. She laid like a starfish and closed her eyes. The door clicked and Natsu came back in holding a couple of mugs.

"Oh thank god," (Y/N) breathed.

"You really gotta do something about that hot chocolate addiction you have there," Natsu joked.

She giggled and waved him over as she sat up, taking the mug and immediately going to drink it. She coughed and gasped.

"Be careful. It's hot."

"Thanks, now you tell me."

He shrugged his shoulder and countered, "I thought you'd be able to know that from the steam that's coming off it."

She sighed and crawled off his bed and sat back down on the floor with him. Natsu glared at the problem and started to complain.

"Why don't we switch problems for now?" (Y/N) suggested.

"Good. I hate that one."

x+(3x-2)=18

"Oh I got this one. This one is easy."

He didn't even bother writing his steps down and puffed out his chest while punching the air.

"Five."

(Y/N) laughed and agreed, shaking her head at his antics. She continued to sip her hot chocolate and sighed when she took in the warmth radiating off the mug.