Natsu x Reader: Prom Pepperoni

A/N: Thank you to treqqpoinie112 for the request! 

************************

The school was buzzing with excitement. Why? Prom. Everyone's energy level skyrocketed at the thought of their senior prom. Girls were gathered around dress magazines, excitedly picking out their dream dresses. Everyone was paired up. Well, except for one person.

"Do you think he forgot?" (Y/N) dejectedly questioned.

"Of course not!" Lucy reassured. "He's probably just distracted."

"Doubt it," Evergreen dismissed. "That guy is so forgetful that I doubt he even remembers prom is a thing."

(Y/N) moaned and placed her head on the lunch table. She heard shuffling and peeked up to see Natsu standing there with a wide grin.

"There you are. I've been looking for you all day."

(Y/N)'s eyes lit up and sat up straight.

"I want to ask you if I could borrow your calc homework. I got a notebook check next period."

Her sparkles immediately disappeared and she rolled her eyes before sifting through her backpack to hand him her homework. He gave a quick 'thanks!' before making his way back over towards the lunch line.

"He's unbelievable," Evergreen scoffed. "Who forgets to ask their own girlfriend to prom?"

"What did he do last year, (N/N)?" Lucy asked.

"He actually remembered last year," she muttered. "Doesn't look like it's happening this time though."

———————

(Y/N) had decided to pick out her dress anyway, saying that she would go alone if she had to. Her senior prom was something that she wasn't going to skip.

"Blue?"

"I was thinking more of a red," (Y/N) answered Evergreen.

"Oh! Red would be great to bring out your eyes!" Lucy gushed.

The three laughed amongst themselves and started sharing plans for the night.

"Have you and Elfman decided on a color?"

"Green of course. Nothing compliments my skin tone more than green."

"Lucy?"

"I'm going purple."

Evergreen started to say something, it she silenced herself when she saw Natsu start to walk towards them. (Y/N) felt hands circle her waist and a weight on her shoulder.

"Yes?"

"Think you can help with something? Alone?"

(Y/N)'s ears perked up and a smile spread across her face. She hurriedly followed him down the hall, her friends giving her their thumbs up.

----------------------------------------

"And? How is he picking you up?" Lucy teased.

(Y/N) huffed and revealed, "He didn't ask. He wanted to sneak behind the food counters and steal the chicken nuggets."

"Are you...an accomplice?"

"I convinced him out of doing it, thank god."

"Yo."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and turned around to face her boyfriend.

"What do you want now?"

"Are you okay, love? You don't look too well."