Natsu x Rival!Reader: Set Up [requested]

Thank you to @Drelody for the request!

*******

Out of boredom, Lucy sat at the bar and swished her drink as she waited for something fun to do.

"I don't know about you," Mira suddenly whispered to the celestial wizard, "but I think it's time to set them up."

"Who?" Came Lucy's confused voice.

Mira wordlessly pointed over to the corner of the room, motioning towards the three wizards that stood there: Natsu, (Y/N), Gray. It was well-known that Natsu was not too fond of either of them, and they both said the same for the dragon slayer. However, Natsu and (Y/N)'s relationship was a little more complicated than Gray's. Gray and Natsu hated each other, sure. But they would also support each other when needed. They were in the same guild afterall.

(Y/N) and Gray got along just fine. They bonded over their mutual dislike for the fire mage. There were often times when they would team up against him, and, usually, a fight would break out. Natsu and (Y/N) were different. Yes, they would support each other if needed. And yes, they didn't necessarily like each other in a way that would let everyone live peacefully in the guildhall. But there was one more layer.

And that layer was Mira.

"Oh come on, Mira," Lucy laughed. "You can't seriously still be on this."

"Of course I am. It's meant to be."

"They hate each other."

The white haired wizard simply wagged her finger and smiled devilishly.

"Just you wait," she sang.

Their conversation was interrupted when a loud bang sounded.

"Way to go, pyro."

"Yeah Natsu. Way to go."

"Will you two leave me alone already?" He shouted. "You both were the ones who broke it."

Lucy gave Mira a blank look, silently telling her that it was never going to work. The take-over wizard smirked and disappeared under the bar before popping back up again.

"Natsu, (Y/N)! Can you come here for a second?"

The three fighting wizards looked at each other before (Y/N) shrugged and stepped over to the bar to meet Mira. Natsu threw one last glare at Gray and huffed, soon joining his rival.

"What's up, Mira?"

"I have an idea for a bet that I would like you to take part in."

"Bet?" Natsu questioned. "What kind of bet?"

"How do you feel about fighting me?"

"Seriously?" Natsu giddily asked. "This is gonna be great. I'm all fired up now!"

"Hold up, Dragneel," (Y/N) cut in, turning to Mira and inquiring, "What makes this a bet?"

"If you're able to beat me, I have to do whatever you say for a whole day."

(Y/N) raised her eyebrow, asking her to continue with her explanation.

"You're both going to fight me at the same time. And if you lose," she continued, a small smirk present, "then you have to hang out with each other all day. On a date."

(Y/N) stuck her tongue out and went to walk away, saying that it was a horrible deal, but she was stopped by Mira before she could leave.

"If you win, you get to give me orders for a whole day and I have to take you on an S-class request."