10 Ways He Says He Loves You

A/N: Hey guys! In this one shot, (F/F) means favorite flower. Enjoy!

***************************************************************************

Natsu was oblivious when it came to love, but when he met you he started to wonder. He was captivated by your (H/C) hair, the way it smelled. Your (E/C) eyes and how they shined. Lucy had caught on and urged him to talk to you, and months after you started dating, he decided to tell you that he loved you. Except for one thing - he couldn't really put it into words. So he told you in different ways.

1:

When you go to the food market with him and Happy, you all always end up buying more than you can carry, whether it's ten pounds of fish or countless loaves of bread on top of all the regular groceries. Happy could only carry so much with his little paws, so it was always up to you and Natsu to lug the heavier bags. Living far out seemed like a good idea when Natsu found the house to live, but he quickly found that it was a slight inconvenience to be so far away from everything, especially since you had made him eat in and cook more after you moved in instead of always going out to eat. He would see you struggling with all the bags you had to carry and smile as he scooped a couple extra bags for him to carry and lighten your load.

"Natsu, I can handle it."

"But why should you have to when I have an open arm?"

2:
You never told anyone this, but you suffered from recurring nightmares. The first time he knew about it was the first night you stayed over. You would cry and shake in your sleep while tossing in bed. He turns around so he faces you and gently shakes you awake and strokes your hair or rubs your back until you calmed down.

"Natsu?"

He would simply pull you closer and hold you before whispering softly, "Don't worry. I'm here."

3:

Cold winter nights were relaxing for you. You would insist on sitting out behind the house and looking at the snow. Despite Natsu's warnings about catching a cold, you sat out there every night. He would look out the window at you and sigh. You would start to shiver, but you refused to come in until you were out there for at least an hour. He slowly made his way outside and over to you, his feet making crunching noises as he stepped on the snow. He would draw your attention by coughing and hand you a cup of hot chocolate before sitting down next to you. You would gladly take it and happily sip at the drink, taking in the warmth of the mug on an otherwise cold evening.

"Find anything interesting?" Nastu would joke.

You would smile and laugh a little before looking back up to the sky. You would feel a small weight on your shoulders and look down to see that Natsu's scarf now rested around your neck.

"Natsu, but this is--"

"You looked cold."

4:

It was a sure way to get you to cheer up when you were having a bad day. All he had to do was tickle your sides and a smile broke out on your face as you struggled to stop him. Whether you were aggravated from something that happened at the guild or frustrated from a tough job, Natsu's tickles always made your heart tingle. A tickle fight would develop, you aiming under his arms and by his feet. You two would eventually fall off the couch and land on the floor with Natsu pinning your arms down.

"Natsu," you would laugh as you struggled, "let me go."

Natsu would just grin devilishly at you before he continued to tickle you until you felt like you were going to die by laughter.

5:

He hates to see you injured, so when you come back from a job covered in bruises, his blood boils. He stays by your side for the next couple days and becomes overly protective. You would assure him that you were fine, but that would only ease him a little. When you were alone, he would kiss your bruises and vow to stay by your side until they went away.

6:

The holiday season was always difficult for both you and Natsu. He was reminded of Igneel and his disappearance. You were reminded of your family and how they weren't there with you. So, every holiday Natsu would take you to Akane Beach, no matter the weather. Winter holidays would be spent at the lodge near the beach, and warmer days would include playing in the sand and watching the fish. He would look over at you, see your wide smile, and grab your hand before squeezing it gently. You were his family now, and he wouldn't let you go.

7:

People would assume that Natsu couldn't dance, including you. So when he spontaneously asked you to dance in the middle of the kitchen, you were more than surprised. You asked him what brought it on, and he would just shrug before grabbing your hands and bringing you close. You would slowly sway in the dim kitchen and rest your head on his chest. He would kiss the top of your head and chuckle when he felt you step on his feet. You would apologize every time, but he didn't mind.

8:

Whenever you would become irritated with the world around you, Natsu would make sure to have you talk about it. He didn't mind sitting there and listening to you rant. In fact, he loved knowing that you trusted him enough to share your frustration with him. He would watch your wild eyes and waving hands and take it all in.

9:

Natsu loved looking at you smile, so he would always tell you the silliest jokes just to see your face light up. It's not like he really needed to try any extra; you would smile at all his antics at the guildhall and laugh whenever he would get "all fired up" when starting a full out brawl. He would tell you jokes whenever he had the chance, and you appreciated his persistence.

10:

He knew that it was time. He needed to tell you in words. So he asked Lucy and Happy to help him set up a special day. When you came into the house, there were fairy lights hung from the ceiling and (F/F) scattered all around the floor. You looked around in wonder before your eyes landed on a nervous looking dragon slayer. You walked over to him and stood close to him.

"What's all this?"

"Oh, uh, well," Natsu started as his eyes drifted to the ceiling, "you look great."

You looked down at your usual clothes and raised an eyebrow at him.

"What's going on, Natsu?"

He sighed and held your cheek, looking into your eyes with a nervous glint. You smiled up at him just before he brought his lips to your forehead. You closed your eyes as you took in the feeling. He chuckled, signalling he saw. You slowly opened your eyes and smiled at him, earning a lopsided grin from him.

"I just wanted to say something to you," Natsu started again.

"Oh?"

Natsu looked over to the window to see Lucy standing there giving him a thumbs up. He took in a deep breath before looking at you and rubbing your cheek with his thumb.

He let out a soft whisper, "I love you."

You simply giggled and mirrored his actions.

"I know. And I love you, too."