Natsu x Rival!Reader: Set Up (Pt. 2) [requested]

A/N: Thank you to @marriii9557 for the request! I was having a hard time writing this one, so it might not be good.

*******

Ever since the "date," Natsu and (Y/N) had been arguing more than usual. Everyone reasoned that it was normal, and it didn't make it any better that there was a severe heat wave going through Fiore. Natsu's fire had, as usual, heated up the guildhall whenever he used a spell, and he and Gray had been going at it for an hour by that point.

"I swear to god, Natsu. Knock it off before I knock you out. It's way too hot for you to be throwing around your stupid fire."

"I'm not the only one fighting here!"

"Yes, but Gray's magic is soothing on a hot day. Yours is the devil's work."

Natsu went to argue when a big hand came down on him. Makarov gave him a stern look, and soon turned to (Y/N) to do the same.

"We don't need any fighting today. Let's focus on keeping cool."

(Y/N) groaned and made her way over to the bar to talk to Lucy and Mira. She received her drink and quietly sipped it, taking in the cool sensation that it caused. There was more yelling, and finally (Y/N) was the one to snap. She slammed her drink on the bar, eliciting a loud 'bang' that echoed in the guildhall, and glared at the fire wizard. She stepped between Gray and Natsu, lightly pushing Gray away from Natsu and glaring back at the pink haired mage. She grabbed Natsu by the back of his vest and slammed him into the ground, clapping her hands clean once he was laid out.

"I said knock it off."

Natsu hopped up, seemingly unphased by the action, and started to angrily shout at her. They continued like that for about ten minutes before (Y/N)'s hands were wrapped in a burning liquid.

"Oh please," Natsu scoffed. "You would never use that against any of us."

And just like that, there was a dragon slayer flying through the far wall of the building.

-------

"I'm way too hot for this," (Y/N) moaned and faced Gray. "Thanks for cooling me down."

Gray gave an acknowledging nod and turned back to his drink. There was another 'bang,' and when they looked, it was Laxus who had knocked Natsu to the ground.

"Why does he insist on being the biggest annoyance? Like, it's the middle of a heatwave. You would think that he'd stop."

"Okay everyone!" Mira sang. "Time for some fun!"

"Mira, it's way too hot," Erza spoke.

"But this'll be fun. And the winner gets anything they want for a whole week."

"Oh heck yeah!" Natsu cheered. "I'm gonna have fun with this."

"Are you forgetting the last bet you made?" (Y/N) droned. "It got us both in trouble."

"Not my fault you couldn't beat Mira."

"Excuse me? Are you forgetting that she beat your ass? Master banned my magic, which means I couldn't fight back, so that doesn't count."

"Oh, of course," Natsu sarcastically replied. "Blame it on a technicality."

"I did because that's what happened."

"You just don't want to admit that Mira is stronger than you."

"I have no problem admitting that because I know Mira is stronger than me. Which means she's way stronger than you."

"What was that?!"

"Enough!"

The two bickering wizards' heads flipped towards an angry Erza.