Cheater!Natsu x Reader: Sneak (Bad Ending) Part 2 [requested]

A/N: Thank you to FairyQueen400 for the request!

*******

It had been about three years since Fairy Tail had last heard from (Y/N), and everyone would be lying if they said that they didn't miss her presence. The days when she would come into the guildhall and joke around with everyone seemed like distant memories by now. And it killed everyone. Two people were, however, more severely affected than the rest of them. And Fairy Tail found it difficult to pity the pair.

Since (Y/N)'s departure, Natsu had been falling apart. He admitted it: he was an absolute idiot. The three years that they had spent with each other were ruined by a series of bad choices, and that killed him. To make matters worse, Lucy and him didn't even work out. They officially went out for a grand total of three months before they broke it off. Whether it was the guilt or simply because they didn't blend together was still up in the air.

Fairy Tail hated seeing their friends hurt. But that also included (Y/N). Everyone missed her. The way that her (E/C) eyes lit up when she spotted Levy reading a new book. Her sighs when Natsu and Gray started to bicker. The little laugh when she saw Erza step in between the two wizards. Everything felt...empty.

The day that (Y/N) had left, Natsu rushed home from the forest. But it was too late. He had not been able to catch her before the train left, and he had no idea where she could've gone. The next week was spent trying to look for her, but even his nose could not find her. Once he returned to his house, he stood in the middle of the room, fists clenched and tears rolling down his cheeks. It wasn't until he spotted a note on the bed that he moved.

Natsu,
The three years that we spent together in this house brings back so many memories. Unfortunately, I don't think I can take them anymore. All I can say is that you've made your choice, and I'm not waiting around for you to make up your mind about who to commit yourself to. Tell Happy I said goodbye. I left him some fish in the fridge for him. I'm giving back the necklace that you gave me. It's in the envelope. I have no use for it now. I wish you well.
Best,
(Y/N)

Ever since, the dragon slayer had been a mess. He didn't know why he did it. But he knew he regretted it. That look she gave them when she found them in the forest. Hurt, betrayed, devastated. He never wanted her to feel those emotions, especially if he had caused them. And yet, he did. It was him. And all he wanted to do was show her that it was the biggest mistake he had ever made. She was his family, and he let her slip through his fingers.

He had no choice but to move on. Because he knew that she would never forgive him.

"Natsu," Happy started, "do you think we'll be able to see that really cool fish market again?"

"That would sure be cool," Natsu cheerily responded.

They were on their way towards Crocus to help out with a music request. It was easy: sit and listen to a famous violinist's set. She was renowned throughout Fiore, and she had an upcoming concert at the palace, so she enlisted the help of wizards to give her critiques. Natsu probably wasn't the best choice, but he needed the money.

"Oh I'm so glad you could make it," the woman greeted. "I have a couple of sets that I wanted to present and then I was hoping you would pick out the best one."

They had listened to music for a total of three hours, and the violin echoed in Natsu's sensitive ears for hours after. Happy and him explored Crocus and went to check into an inn when Happy screamed. Natsu jumped in surprise and covered the exceed's mouth.

"Happy, it's late."

"But look!"

Natsu's gaze followed Happy's paw, and his eyes widened at the sight. There she was, (H/C) hair framing her face, nose scrunched up as she laughed, a bright smile on her face. Happy went to dart out to her, but Natsu quickly grabbed him by his green pouch and held him back.