Natsu x Reader: Revelation [requested]

A/N: Hey all, requests are OPEN. Also sorry forgot to give a thanks to treqqpoinie112 for the request!

BIG SPOILERS: TARTAROS, AVATAR, ALVAREZ ARCS

---------------------------

"(Y/N), get out of here. It's not safe."

The (H/C) haired girl refused to move, stubbornly standing close behind Natsu. He looked back to her and tried to coax her into leaving with Happy, but she stood with her feet planted in the ground.

"I'm very glad you were able to find someone, Natsu. It warms my heart."

Natsu tensed and stood protectively in front of her, his arms stretched off to the side to hold her back from the danger that the black haired wizard had posed. Zeref. He was behind all of it. (Y/N)'s eyes slipped away from him and tried to find the book, E.N.D. There was no denying that E.N.D. would pose a greater threat than the others they had fought. He was, afterall, the most powerful demon that Zeref ever made. To be honest, she was scared shitless that he would come out, but she stayed nonetheless. Natsu looked back to her and tried to get her to go again, but her hands gripped the back of his coat. He sighed and looked to his arm where the dragon mark was fading.

"My name is Zeref Dragneel. I'm your older brother."

His words were soft, so casual. The two Fairy Tail wizards froze. (Y/N) slowly raised her eyes to look at Natsu's face and saw that he was just as shocked as she was. He denied it outright in typical Natsu fashion, but Zeref started to explain their lives and how he had died along with his parents. (Y/N) tried to listen to whatever he was saying, but she couldn't follow along with all the time details. She knew about the dragons, but was Natsu really from 400 years in the past? And Zeref's brother? It surely couldn't be. Natsu was far too caring, too genuine, too--

"That's who you are, Natsu. Etherious Natsu Dragneel...E.N.D."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened before she pushed past Natsu's hold and glared at the Black Wizard.

"Listen here you asshole. Stop trying to turn Fairy Tail against--"

Zeref had shot a hole in the book that lay on the ground, and (Y/N)'s head whipped around when she heard Natsu scream. She knelt down to see if he was okay. He was struggling, clutching his chest like he had been struck. It seemed to piece together for her in that moment.

"N-Natsu?"

Zeref started to explain how he went to Igneel for help, and that Igneel couldn't defeat him simply out of love for him. Natsu stood back up and glared at the Black Wizard. (Y/N)'s head was spinning. She couldn't think of anything else other than his words that echoed over and over again in her mind. E.N.D., the thing that brought Tartaros into action. They were all trying to follow their "master's" will. E.N.D. The very being that had been designed by Zeref himself to be the most powerful. A killing machine. Destruction. Death. Evil. Not only that, her mind flashed to Gray. Deliora. He was made by the same wizard that made Deliora. Her fists tightened.

Natsu looked at Zeref wide-eyed as he attempted to process the information. He turned back to (Y/N) to see that she had tears in her eyes. She had fallen on her butt on the ground, her eyes darting back and forth from Zeref to the dragon slayer.

"(Y/N)--"

She refused to look at him, opting to stare at the book instead. They were, afterall, the same thing, right? It seemed to be the only form of Natsu that she could handle looking at in that moment. He could see the shaking, and that killed him inside. He could tell. She was petrified, angry, confused. All the emotions he swore he would never let her feel. And it was him that brought them on. His gaze turned deadly and he called his flames. Zeref had then explained that once he was killed, Natsu would die as well. Natsu seemed to not listen, and he rushed at him.