Chapter 20: Mystery Solved!

Start from the beginning

"Okay, now you're just being sarcastic. Let's just enter the lib- Wah!"

Taehyun quickly clung onto Beomgyu when he felt something on his leg. "Please don't be a rotten arm, please don't be a rotten arm." Taehyun chanted, eyes closed tightly as he clung onto his dorm mate like his life depended on it.

Startled by the younger's sudden fright. Beomgyu placed a hand on the blonde's shoulder, running his hand up and down as an attempt to calm the poor latter. "Don't worry Taehyun-ah, it's just a bug."

"O-Oh," was all the young boy could say before un-clinging himself from the older. Taehyun chuckled sheepishly. "I-I knew that, you know what hyung? I-I'll just.... stick with you. Yeah, I'll stick with you," the blonde said shakily, linking an arm around the older's left arm, scooting close to the latter.

Beomgyu shook his head, a smile painted across his lips. 'Nothing scares him he says, what nonsense.'

"Good to know you will, now c'mon. Mystery awaits," with that being said, the two boys entered the library.

Standing before the two huge doors of the reading haven, Beomgyu took the honors on opening the door. Upon twisting the knob, the brunette was quite shocked, he didn't expect the door to be left unlocked. He examined the keyhole of the doorknob, it didn't have any scratches or any signs of it getting pick-locked.

'Strange, Ms. Chu doesn't leave the library doors unlocked.'

But then again, Ms. Chu was old, she was already in her late fifties and was nearing the age of sixty. Beomgyu wouldn't be surprised if she forgotten to lock up and unintentionally leave her things in places already.

Pushing it open, the door made a soft creak that was unlikely to be heard. Entering the dark library, Taehyun scooted even closer to Beomgyu, well he was likely clinging to the older for dear life.

"Wow, San-hyung was right. The inside does look creepy at nighttime," Beomgyu whispered.

"Yeah right, creepy and horrifying," Taehyun mumbled.

"Aw come on. It's not that scary-

A loud an horrifying shriek echoed through the empty walls of the library. Accompanied by a screech and a grunt.

"D-Did you hear that hyung?" Taehyun stammered.

Beomgyu nodded, fishing out his phone, he checked the time.

12:00 AM

'Looks like we're on ti-'

Screeeeeh!

The two boys flinch upon hearing the sound. "It's true! T-The legend was legit! The spirits of the library are coming for our souls!" Taehyun cried, backhugging his dorm mate.

Beomgyu let out a shaky sigh, there was no way paranormal beings existed. He knew there was a logical explanation behind those noises, there has to be.

Then loud bangings were heard, now mixing with the horrible shrieks, sorrowful moans and grunts, along with the screeches.

"Oh man, we're gonna die!" Taehyun whisper-yelled, burying his face on Beomgyu's back, hugging him tighter.

Although he hated to admit, but Beomgyu was indeed a tad bit scared. Swallowing the lump on his throat, he let his eyes scanned every corner of the library. But then, he noticed something,

One of the doors of the study rooms were open and a faint light was coming out from the door.

'Aha, maybe the rumors weren't true after all.'