Chapter 19: Voices Of the Library

Start from the beginning

The Voice of the Undead Library                                                                                written by:
Nishimura Riki

Heavy breaths echoed throughout the bookshelves,                                             

Pleads of the dead shrieked the aisles. 

A scream of pain rung pass every table, 

A howl of misery that no person could be able.

Cries of soldiers and weeps of the weak,                                                           

Unrested souls of the accused and victims of slavery.                                     

Their bodies buried deep on top of the library,

When the hand of the clock strikes at 12 midnight.

Howls and cries will arise to fright.

And if a young soul dares to enter,

It will suffer their wrath, and will be seen never.

The blonde male gulped once he finsihed reading the poem. "T-This isn't real, right?" he asked his friend.

"Well, there's a rumor going on lately about some strange screaming and howls inside the library at midnight. Some students even think that it's the works of paranormal beings. But my friend however, feels a bit skeptical about it." Yeonjun explained.

"But, why would your friend send you, the student council secretary to give this—" Taehyun waved the newspaper. "To me? Why can't they hand the newspaper themselves personally?"

"Well she's a bit anti-social and a very private person. According to her, if she were to talk to you personally she'd quickly pull you out from the shadows. But she doesn't want to do so because....." Yeonjun trailed off.

"Because?"

"She said something about 'the bear might go into a rampage if his precious honeycomb disappears from his sight'. And to be honest, I have no idea about what she meant by that."

"Wait, so your friend is a 'she'?" Taehyun asked the older.

Yeonjun merely nodded, "Yep, and she's quite the serious type too. The dear wants you and Gyu to investigate the rumor if its true or not."

"But why can't she do it herself then? I mean, she is a journalist. Isn't that her job? Collecting and investigating stuff?" Taehyun spoke.

"She would if she could, but since she's kind of a big-shot in the Newspaper Committee. She's got her hands full for the meantime. Anyways, I better go now, the VP might be wondering where I am. Just call or text me if you guys found something, Ciao!"

"Bu--" the younger tried to protest, but Yeonjun already walked away.

Staring at the newspaper on his grasps. Taehyun let out a sigh, he was a bit skeptical that his dorm mate would agree to this. The blonde didn't really take Beomgyu to be interested in such rumors. But asking the latter would maybe be worth it.