Chapter 16: Friends or not?

Start from the beginning

"Well apparently, the school's main page on Twitter posted a competition about who gets the most hearts on Tiktok in three weeks receives a prize and becomes the face of the up-coming magazine at Blue hour, sponsored by the school of course." Soobin explained, taking a turn to a corridor.

"So who's taking the lead now?" Taehyun spoke.

"Sana Minatozaki from the 12th grade seniors department," Soobin said. "Apparently miss Minatozaki gained a matter of 4,000 hearts in just a week, making her the candidate to beat. And just last Friday before the competition ends we received notice that she was in a hospital, Park Jihyo, a friend of hers was the one who brought her there. But when Miss Minatozaki woke up, she said she became.... well, hysterical, in a way."

Beomgyu frowned, fishing his phone from his pocket. "In what way exactly?"

"Crazily, Miss Park said when Sana-ssi woke up she went crazy. She was screaming, and was basically on the verge of insanity. They had to tie her up to her hospital bed and inject her with strong sedatives. She was immediately eliminated from the competition."

"Poor sunbaenim, I hope she's okay now," Taehyun mumbled. He averted his gaze at Beomgyu who was busy with his phone, after a few minutes, he placed it back into his pocket.

"Well, she's calmed down now. But according to her friends, she became very quiet than before and her attitude has changed. The doctor said it was because of the shock." Soobin sighed, "Poor lady."

He shook his head. "Anyways, I had a small chat with Miss Jihyo. She told me that when she found Sana-ssi, the latter wrote something on the floor before she passed out."

"And that is?" Beomgyu asked.

"Peach."

"Peach? Why would she write peach?" the blonde male asked.

"Well sweetcheeks. It's either she was craving for one," Beomgyu uttered. "Or there's another reason why she wrote it. Maybe a clue that leads to whoever hit her on the head."

After a few minutes of walking, the three males came into a halt in front of the said dance classroom where Sana was found bloodied and unconscious, but there was something wrong. 

The police tapes were ripped off the door. 

Furrowing, Soobin took the honors of opening the door, and to their suprise, they saw a shoulder-length haired girl placing a trophy back on one of the shelves.

"Excuse me Miss but what are you doing inside this dance classroom that is obviously off limits for the meantime?" Soobin's deep voice bellowed through the entire room, making the mysterious girl flinch.

"Turn around," Soobin commanded.

The girl didn't obey, instead she placed a hand on her shoulder. Soobin became irritated and tsked.

"TURN AROUND NOW, AND LET ME SEE YOUR FACE!" he shouted, clearly at the peak of his patience. Taehyun found himself stepping back.

The girl flinched, and slowly spun around. Revealing her face, she was wearing a black crop-top underneath a black patterned jacket  and a pair of sweatpants and white timberlands. She was wearing red lipstick too.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?"

"I'm Hirai Momo, 12th grade student. I'm part of the dance team," she said, plainly.

"And what're you doing here?" Beomgyu asked.

"My dance captain told me to get a trophy from the other room for our new choreography."