⭐️ My Muse || Chapter 135

"Wow!" Thoma and Lannion ran to the golden pool's side, poking the water with their fingers. The honey colored water dripped right off their fingers. "Just like at Goldy Pond," Lucas and Yuugo muttered, staring at the floating island in the center. Mujika had followed us, wanting to see it through both as a friend and as the Queen. She frowned, glancing at the marble staircase leading downwards. "What was the price, y/n?" Shit. Everyone's happy expressions morphed into concern. A price? Of course, there would be a reward. Some type of compensation for our expensive wish. But I couldn't let them know. They'd want to stay. Ray especially, ran into my arms, hugging me tightly. "You're- You're going to be able to come with us, right? y/n?" His voice was low, almost trembling. I patted his back reassuringly, but my chest started to swell with sadness. "Of course, Ray. It would go against my wish if I didn't." Phil ran into the hug, eyes filled to the brim with tears. "You're not gonna die or anything, right y/n?" "y/n, if there's a price, please, tell us." Emma cried, tightly squeezing Oliver's hand. I hope you two can stay like that for the rest of your lives. "He said he didn't need anything from us. His exact words were, 'For the last 1,000 years you've had everything taken from you. Lives, happiness, freedom. I'm the one who should be paying a price. Anyways, you cattle have entertained me in various ways, so I'm quite grateful.'" Yvette chimed in, hugging my arm. "R- really?" "If there's no need for a reward, that's great," Zack started, but his gaze slowly fell to the stone floor. "No- Something's not right." Ray hissed, squeezing me tightly. "This is too good to be true." Norman agreed, ruffling my hair from behind. "y/n, if the deal requires your sacrifice, then I guess we'll just have to stay in this world." I smiled. I knew they were going to say that. Zack, Yuugo, Norman, and Ray. They don't want to be in a universe where I'd have to lose any more. God, this hurts so much.

"I'm not going to be sacrificed. Not me, not you."

"Really?" Gilda asked, tears running down her cheeks. I nodded, grabbing her hand. "Really really." I turned to Ray, for the last time in my life. His hair had grown back in, those stupid long bangs touching his neck. I would miss his stupid emo haircut. "It doesn't make sense," he whispered into my ear. "There has to be some type of ulterior motive, something else it wants." "I thought about that too," I replied. I was lying through my teeth. "Maybe the human world isn't what we think it'll be. What if they don't accept us? What about the Lambda children? Can they be saved? Maybe that's why there was no reward." I pulled myself back, gently caressing his left cheek. Those beautiful silver eyes. I'm lost and found whenever I'm with you, Ray. "Even if the world that's waiting for us is not the world we wanted, I'm sure we can get over it, after all, we have each other. We have family. We have love. And we've only gotten this far because of it." Jemima jumped into our arms, sobbing. "I'm so happy!" She cried, tugging at both our shirts.

Yeah, Jemi. I'm really happy too.

I'm happy that I got to spend so much time with you guys.

I'm happy that I got to experience a love like the one Ray gave me.

He squeezed my hand tightly, the two of us the first to descend the ivory staircase. I waved at Mujika, tears falling down her cheeks but a smile stretched across her face.

The stone tunnel around me started to blur, the marble steps morphing into a familiar wooden floor. Blankets and books were scattered across the room, large glass windows acting as a wall. I was laying on a warm pillow, someone's hand gently rubbing my shoulder. I suddenly felt tired, my gaze falling onto the night sky before me. The dark hues of purple, black and green collided to form the mystical galaxies I used to see only in books. The tiny white stars might as well have been twinkling diamonds adding some sort of sparkle to the otherwise lonely sky. The dark wine purples became lighter and more vibrant at the tree line, the walls of our orphanage welcoming a beautiful caramel colored sunrise.

I remember the first time I noticed such beautiful colors. In the necklace Mujika had given me when we first met. My mother's memories were that color. That dark, deep purple. Was this my color? This burning red, tinted amber and gold? Fitting, I guess.

"It's so beautiful..." I whispered softly, finally recalling this familiar scene. This was when I fell in love with him. Ray patted my head, chuckling softly. I fell asleep, listening to his gentle voice. "Good night, y/n."

I didn't want to go to sleep. 

I didn't want to have to leave. 

His face started to disappear from my head. Tears started to fall down my face. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. I didn't want to forget! I didn't want to lose him! I wanted to live with everyone! Ray, you said you'd marry me. 

Wait... Did Ray say that?

What was he talking about?

That name... I seem to have forgotten it already. 

A person's back was turned towards me as he walked farther and farther away from my grasp. I wanted to reach for him. But I didn't know why. 

Where am I?

Why am I here?

It's cold. I can't breathe. 

A gruff old man's voice called out to me from beyond the raging snowstorm. "A girl? What're you doing here, child?" My mind was blank. I- I don't know.