⭐ My Muse || Chapter 103

Emma gulped, biting her lip. "So it was a mistake. That Norman inherited Minerva's network." 

"I, William Minerva, am of sound mind and body whilst writing my final testimony and will regarding the distribution my assets and ventures. This'll be short. I leave everything to my only child and descendant." This... This doesn't change anything though. It's not like I wanted to lead a rebellion, an army, or any people other than my family. Everything seemed to get bigger with that one letter. It's not just my life at stake. It's not just Emma's, or Gilda's, Don's or just these people. Anyone, everyone can die. And they would to change the world. That was the responsibility I was given, so why does it feel so... suffocating? 

I folded the paper back into the journal, shoving it into my backpack. "While we're out here... Let's go look for the Seven Walls." I tried my best to smile,  turning to my friends. "Any ideas?"

Nigel grinned mischievously. "Every fucking coordinate with a seven." Gilda sighed, rubbing her temples. "How about we check out that demon village we passed on the way here? We shouldn't enter it, obviously, but the path Norman marked avoided it by a landslide. And it falls on B07-27." "Enough sevens for you, Nigel?" Gillian laughed, elbowing his stomach. He gagged, messing up her beanie. "Yeah, I guess that's a good amount." 

We climbed back up a familiar tree, observing the small town. "Seven walls... Seven walls..." I muttered to myself, pacing around the thick tree. What if we were to ignore the 'wall's. What if it was just seven? But seven what? Seven... Seven chickens? Seven boyfriends? Who can I add to my harem? Ugh... "Seven towers!" Emma shouted, startling Don. He fell off of the branch, landing on a small berry bush. "I'm- I'm okay, guys. D- Don't worry..." Gilda laughed, pulling him up. The orange haired girl jumped down, apologizing to the boy. We all giggled, making our way to the shrine. It was in near ruins, unmaintained and crumbling apart at every corner. The steps leading up to the first tower was chipped and cracked, Don yelping at every falling chunk of rock. The beige limestone of the once beautiful build had faded into a chalky white. We stepped into the shortest pillar, the painted walls with inconceivable pictures hadn't aged well either. "Look up," Gillian whispered. The first mural. A shepherd with his flock of sheep. The man had short black hair, a thin white headband covering his forehead. "This one is a lion!" Emma shouted, from the second tower. I stepped onto the next level, tracing the arch's dusty stone. How strange... For a lion to be depicted with black hair. The third mural was of a king with a golden crown and sapphire blue eyes. How come those colors haven't faded? The fourth was in a similar state, a black haired boy with closed eyes and a silver crown. "A prince, maybe." Don mumbled. The fifth mural was of a cow. Simple, faded, aged. Nothing important. The bizarre ones were the last two. A creepy eye resembling my necklace and... a black scene. The final tower's mural was just black. We all stared at it for a while, perplexed. 

The Shepherd, The Lion, The King, and The Prince. Complete with a cow and an eye.

"Let's... Let's go back home."

We were left with more questions than answers. If Ray and the others weren't at the shelter, where could they be? Did we find the Seven Walls? How do we reforge The Promise? I can't do this alone... Ray... Where are you? 

----------------------------------------

male in tpn: exists

me: you are now a romanceable character

kinda unrelated but like music is so inspirational i was kinda writer's blocked when writing this chap but my husbands stray kids got me out w WHO stream gods menu for clear skin ahahah

----------------------------------------