⭐️ My Muse || Chapter 126

We walked across the open landscape for what seemed like days. Across the desert, by the shore of a lake, through a forest and across towns. Until we found it. The true door. A lone standing frame in the middle of an unfamiliar street. I turned the knob and stepped inside. The room was pitch black, with no discernable corners or furniture. "Are we here?" Ray asked, turning around. The doorway behind us had disappeared, and unusual cube shaped object floating in it's place. A small sphere with the pattern of a deep purple galaxy seemed to spin inside of it. "W- What is this?" I muttered, stepping closer to the object. Ray grabbed my shoulder, holding me back. "I'm getting a really bad feeling from this, y/n." It was too late to turn back now, Ray. Let's take this final step together, before I have to go for good. I intertwined our fingers, giving him a smile. "It'll be okay. God is definitely waiting for us on the other side." Hundreds of thoughts started to swirl through my head. What good will fear do? What good will hesitating do? "Let's go, dummy." Wait for me, Ray. Because for some reason, I feel like I can't take you with me. We reached out our hands, fingertips barely grazing the glass cube. And just like entering a new room, everyone was gone. And I was back in that place, with God waiting for me.

"Oh, so you made it." It said, slightly amused. I smiled sadly. "I made sure to use the proper entrance this time. Where's Ray?" The child shaped demon floated closer to me, touching the top of my head. "Don't worry, he made it back to his family. It was a shame, he was so close too. You're one in a million, y/n. To be able to break the walls of your mind, and open a doorway to a new plane of existence." It's voice grew higher, as if having a good time. "Like a God." I clicked my tongue at it's childish carelessness. "Sir, Great Demon, God, I don't- I don't have time for this, please, just reforge The Promise, before they all die." It made a sound like a sigh, snapping it's fingers and revealing a scrolled parchment of paper. The papyrus flew into my hands, a pen appearing over my head. "Read over this, sign the bottom when you're done. I'll monologue while you're going over that." I shrugged, unrolling the contract. "Being God is so frustrating sometimes, y'know. The only people who come to see me are on the verge of death, or have a wish they desperately want to achieve. Just like you, I guess. But at least you got here on your own. Those annoying humans needed a hand and a portal." It teleported behind me, watching me closely scan the document. "Anyways, something I'd always wanted is company. That's why I asked for your family. That's why I keep people's memories. But taking your family would interfere with your wish, so I settled with second best. And with your little soul, I can relive your adventure, over and over again! It'll be great! I guess in a way, I am taking your family. But it's worth it, right? The liberation of all the cattle children in Neverland. They'll be happy, y/n. And maybe you'll find happiness too, eventually." Tears started to drip down my cheeks, as I finished reading the scroll. Everything was right. Everything will be right. I signed my name at the bottom of the sheet, and it disappeared into ashes. My tears started to disappear, as the demon took off it's mask, revealing a sad, yet twisted smile. "Thank you, y/n."

When I opened my eyes, I was sprawled across the wooden floor of a familiar hideout. "y- y/n!" Ray shouted my name, helping me up. "What happened? Did you reforge The Promise?!" I nodded my head, smiling. "Yeah." I pulled on my jacket, asking him for a quick brief of what was happening. "I've been out of that place for almost two hours. You just woke up. Norman had left for the capitol this morning, along with anyone who could fight." I sighed deeply, wondering what stage of his plan Norman was up to now. A large crowd of kids ran up to me, right as I stopped at the hideout's exit. "Thank you, y/n!" Alicia cried, hugging my legs. "Thank you for always being brave! Thank you for always fighting! We- We love you, so, so, so much!" They all sobbed, grabbing onto me. "I can't wait to see the human world! I can't wait to live as a happy family with you!" I blinked back the tears, consoling them all gently.

I'm sorry, guys. I won't be there with you when we escape. But I'll still love you the same, wherever this heart may go, or will be taken. It loves you all. Ray grabbed my hand, helping me out of the cave. Norman, we're coming!