💔🖤🖤 || ENDLESS pt. 2

"Smile, y/n!" Isabella pinched my cheeks, pulling them upward. "The kids will be afraid you if you don't." I mumbled a 'sorry', just to have her smack my back. "It only took you two years to become a mother, and you're already forgetting the basics. Back straight! Look forward! Smile!" Her violet eyes rested on my face, patting my head. "I'm so proud of you." She opened the doors to Grace Field Orphanage, a car stopping in front of the house. "y/n?" The demon driving it asked, tilting its head at me. I nodded, stepping towards him. He shuffled out, opening the back door. Ten babies were sleeping quietly in their cradles. Well, ten were snoring cutely. One was bawling his eyes out, screaming and sobbing. I gently picked the child up, holding him to my chest. His swaddle was light blue, distinguished from the girl's pastel pink. The little boy had dark gray eyes, little wisps of black hair falling over his left eye. "Is this what's upsetting you?" I giggled, brushing it away. I booped his nose, the baby laughing in joy. 

Isabella peeked at the baby over my shoulder, smiling. "He's beautiful, isn't he?" I nodded my head, letting him grab my finger. Those gray eyes seemed to pierce my heart. "You look just like someone I used to know..." I whispered, nuzzling his cheek. The baby laughed again, biting my nail. "Mama!" He cried. "Mama!" I glanced at Isabella confusedly. She quickly placed the two cradles in her arms down, rushing to my side. "Already..? He's... Calling you Mom already..?" 

This child... 

I clutched him tighter, tears welling up in my eyes. 

This- This couldn't be. It can't- It can't be mine... It can't be his- 

------------------------------------------

That song. 

Who's singing this? 

Only Isabella- Isabella, Ray and I... Only us three know that song... 

"Let me sing a lullaby, as you close your eyes tonight," I followed the walls of the orphanage, searching for the small voice singing Isabella's lullaby. A book poked out from behind a tree, a small boy with black hair nodding his head to the melody. My voice was shaking. "Ri- Riku, how do you- how do you know that song..?" He turned to me curiously, smiling at my gaze. I felt tears well up in my eyes. 

"Hey, mom." He closed the book. "Why did you give birth to me?"

I took a deep breath, kneeling by his side. "Well, Riku... It was so they could survive. Longer than anybody else." 

------------------------------------------

"The demon capital has been stormed by human escapees! 

Two of the three leaders were humans who had escaped Grace Field Premium Farm eight years ago! 

The third was an escapee from Lambda Experimental Institution. 

The three, 63194, 81194, and 22194 were killed in the battle." 

I clutched my apron, grimacing at the news. Isabella squeezed my shoulder, frowning. "You knew this would happen, y/n. That's why you're here." 

Yes. That's why I'm here. As a mother. Living as a human they couldn't kill. They've died.

Norman. 

Emma. 

Ray. 

But they will live here, with me. In my heart. Forever. 

---------------------------------------------

ENDLESS: Bad Ending AU #1

---------------------------------------------