⭐ My Muse || Chapter Eighty Six

We were all sitting in the living room, planning our next move. 

"William Minerva said that there was a functioning portal at Grace Field." Gilda and Don's faces froze in shock. They didn't want to go back there. Neither did I. Zack squeezed my hand tightly, giving me a comforting smile. As great as it would be to just... go home, I couldn't just leave this world, broken as it is. "And... Mujika... She told us to find the Seven Walls, didn't she? If we wished to reforge the promise..." Ray nodded, sitting on my right. He rested his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest. How... Awkward... The two boys were glaring at each other, Zack pulling my hand and Ray holding me tightly so I wouldn't budge from my spot. Eventually, Yuugo grabbed my waist from behind, sliding me off the couch and onto the floor. We all giggled. "You're pretty buff," Gillian commented, giggling. 

Our plan was set. We had to find the Seven Walls soon, reforge The Promise, then storm Grace Field, with Phil and the others. We'd all go home. It was October, meaning we only had a little more than a year left. I'll save everyone. For Norman.

"Huh, they turned out kinda large..." Zack said, poking my neck. A bunch of us older ones were in the library, sorting the books based on genre. "There's like fifty copies of 'The Adventures of Ugo'," Don laughed, adding another green hardback to the large pile. Before I could bullshit an excuse, Ray jumped over to my side, pushing him away. He glared at the tanned boy, holding both of my hands. "Who said they were yours?" Zack clicked his tongue, grabbing Ray's wrists. "Let go of her." Ray was surprisingly firm, giving the boy an equally harsh scowl. "y/n is mine. She's always been mine." Zack raised his eyebrow, loosening his grip on Ray's wrists. "Are you telling me you're dating? She said 'yes'?" Ray gulped nervously, glancing at me. 

"I-I said I would think about it..." I stuttered, pulling myself free from both of them. Zack smirked. "Then, think about being my girlfriend too, y/n. I'm asking you right now." He shoved Ray aside pulling me into his arms. "y/n, would you be my girlfriend?"

How did I get into this mess? Everyone in the library was staring at us like some weird live action romcom. Yuugo was giving me this perplexed look. 'really?' he seemed to say, grinning at me. Emma sighed, nudging Oliver's elbow. She walked over to me, tapping Zack's shoulder. "You said you would let her think about it, so, I'm going to kidnap her for a bit, kay?" The tanned boy sighed, releasing me from his embrace. Emma grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room. "You're like... The main character of a fanfiction or something y/n," She laughed, a little exasperated. She pulled me into her room, Gilda and Gillian following soon after. "Ooh, boy drama," The blond haired girl giggled, plopping to the floor. 

I vented everything out to my friends. My feelings for Ray since the beginning, the way he hurt me with Mujika and Sonju, how Zack was perfect, and then how Ray somehow found his way back into my heart. 

"Choose both." Gillian laughed, punching my right leg. Gilda patted her head messily. "I told her to choose one! Don't encourage her!" Emma was rebraiding that same strand of hair over my missing ear. "I dunno, maybe let them fight. It was getting a little too chummy out here." I laughed at her chaotic remark. Well, now I had two candidates for a boyfriend.