🔒 My Muse || Chapter Fifty Nine

"I want to go to A08-63." I burst into Yuugo's room, right after I finished lunch. 

"Huh?" He looked at me bizarrely, an eyebrow raised. "Why?" 

"You said there was another shelter, right?" 

"I-I don't know." He was lying to me. I could tell by the way he was fiddling his fingers. He knew what was there. "I'm not asking you to go inside, or anything. Just take me there." "Why don't we talk to the others about it? And see if they're okay with you going?" I rolled my eyes, sighing. "I don't see why anyone else's opinion matters. I want to go." "And if you go you could get hurt." He replied, standing up. "If everyone agrees, I'll take you. But you're going to have to learn how to shoot a gun." 

The older kids gathered in the living room. Anna and Nat took a seat on the couch, Ray taking the seat next to the petite blond. Emma leaned against the wall, while Gilda was reprimanding Don for eating too many cookies. "We're trying to sustain the food source!" She said, lightly tugging his sleeve. Don laughed, putting the tin down. "Okay, okay." 

Yuugo gestured towards me, staring at Ray. "y/n wants to go to A08-63." 

The black haired boy shrugged, not even batting an eyelid. "Okay." 

"Aren't- Aren't you going to stop her?" Ray slumped into the chair. "No. She can do whatever she wants. She doesn't need to be protected." 

Yuugo rubbed his temples, incredibly annoyed. "Em-Emma, how about you? You disagree, right?" Her eyes were sparkling, looking towards me. "No, I've actually been wanting to go to that place too." 

"If there's more children we can help, or even just talk to, wouldn't we want to go?" Gilda chimed in, stuffing the cookie jar inside the fridge. Don nodded, agreeing. Only Anna and Nat showed concern. "You guys could seriously get hurt..." She whispered, brows furrowed. Ray put his hand on her shoulder, pulling her into a hug. "They'll be okay." He finally looked at me, a cold glare in his eyes. "It's for the family."  

Seriously? With Anna? I rolled my eyes again, looking at Yuugo. "So, we can go right?" 

He clenched his fists at his side, a look of pain reflected in his eyes. "Y-Yeah, sure." He stuttered. stumbling back into his room. I followed after him, asking what was wrong. "Does your head hurt? Yuugo?" He collapsed onto his bed, groaning. I ran to his side, turning him over. I pressed the back of my hand against his forehead, instantly becoming a bonfire. "He- He's burning up!" I called from his room. "Anna! He has a bad fever!" She rushed into the room with a cold compress. Yuugo's breathing became shallow. "Take off his shirt, put the compress on his forehead." She said, tossing the pack into my hands. Emma quickly jumped in, holding the compress to his head. "You get the shirt, y/n." I quickly unbuttoned his white collared shirt, immediately noticing how ripped he was. His chest was soaked in sweat. "Hot." Emma whispered, making me blush. Anna came back with a few bottles of medicines, instructing Emma and I to hold him up. She gently held them to his mouth, as he drank them all. "Let him rest." Anna said, collecting the empty bottles. "The fever should fall by tomorrow."

Emma and Anna left the room. I kneeled by his side, holding his trembling hands. 

"Do you like him?" A voice said unamusedly from the hallway. 

I rolled my eyes at Ray's gruff, cold voice. Yuugo started to mumble something incoherent to my ears. 

"You're so stubborn. Do you even want to go to A08-63? Or is it the necklace talking? You continue to put yourself in dangerous situations, even when you don't have to." I glared at him, but he ignored me. "You wanted to escape for your family. And here they are, safe. You can stay here and be happy with them. But you want to be the hero so badly, y/n. Take that thing off your neck. It's not your responsibility." He walked away, shutting the door to his room. 

"He's right." Yuugo whispered, eyes still closed. "Aren't you happy here? With us?"