🔒 My Muse || Chapter Sixty Eight

"What happened to this place?" 

I turned to Lucas, standing still next to the entrance of the chamber. He frowned, walking back upstairs. I watched his figure disappear, ushering me to follow him. 

My whole body was burning, an intense searing on my chest. "Ugh," I muttered, stumbling to the ground. My chest... The wounds...  When I looked down, the gray shirt had a strange red stain. "Fuck!" I hissed, pulling it off. My upper chest was wrapped in a thick layer of bandages, blood starting to emerge from the white gauze. "y/n!" Emma called my name, rushing to my side. God, why is the room spinning? Why can't I see anything? I fell into her arms, unable to keep myself awake. "Zack, get some help! The wound reopened!" 

I felt myself being hauled into someone's arms. "We need to bring her up." Zack said, from right above me. Why am I always getting hurt? I can't protect anyone like this. I'm weak. I'm sick, and I can't fight. How am I supposed to change the world when everyone is always saving me? Tears started to run down my cheeks, from both the physical and emotional pain. 

"Hey, you're going to be okay." Zack's voice was strangely gentle and soft, almost whispering his words. "I know it hurts. I can't imagine what you've been through. But just... Hang in there, okay?" I held back my tears, comforted by his words. Ray said he would take care of me whenever I got sick or hurt. 

When I wake up, he'll be there, right? 

He jumped into the water to save me, right?

Ray wouldn't die. Ray couldn't die. He's going to save me, He's going to be here and he's going to treat my wounds and give me medicine for my fever. He promised. 

"Gillian! Sonya! Get the medical supplies!" Zack's voice was strained, as to not disturb my rest but also call for emergency. I heard him kick a door open, placing me on a bed. I was too weak to move, or even open my eyes. "I'm sorry, y/n. Please forgive me." He apologized, unwrapping the bandages. I felt a cold gauze run down my chest, burning the wound. "Ngh!" I hissed, grimacing. God, that fucking stings. "I'm- I'm trying not to look." He muttered, continuing to dab the slashes with an antiseptic pad. Oh, he was embarrassed. Because my chest was bare. I couldn't care less in the moment, my mind more focused on the insufferable scorching of my lacerations. 

"I have to let the wound dry. My mistake was covering it up while it was still wet. This is all my fault, y/n." 

Zack... I slowly shifted my hand on top of his, weakly squeezing his wrist. "I-It's okay..." I whispered, feeling my consciousness slowly drip away. "T-Thank you... For saving me..."