⭐ My Muse || Chapter 117

Using the necklace as a compass, we traveled the direction it pointed in for at least three days. It wasn't a difficult trek, and we hadn't met any danger, fortunately. But we had been walking for a while and I'd started to get bored. Yuugo's archive of cowboy songs were starting to play on repeat. I sighed, checking the necklace again. "How will we know when we get there? Then pen didn't have any clues or notes." The black haired boy in front of stopped abruptly and I crashed into his backpack. "Ugh, Ray, what the- oh." His gray eyes were wide in awe, staring straight at the seven stone monuments standing before us. "They're- They're like gates..." Emma whispered, walking to the closest one. They were arranged in a circle, a small stone plaza in the center of the stone arches. Another painting of the necklace was fading in the middle. Ray kneeled by my side, brushing away the dust. We were here. But what do we do now? 

"All the gates have that symbol." Zack said, wiping the crumbled legs of the stone monument. Does this... Does this possibly have something to do with my necklace? I continued to wipe at the mural on the floor, unconvinced that this was all there was. My fingers brushed past the black outline of the eye, my palms meeting the gemstone. There was... There was a weird deposit of sand, tucked tightly in the center. "Ray, help me scratch this out," I muttered. He nodded, his pinky grazing my wrist. It made my heart skip a beat, but I ignored it. A small oval shaped hole was right in the center of the drawn pearl. Everyone had crowded around us, silently watching me reach for the clip of my necklace. "I got it," Ray whispered, touching the nape of my neck. Okay, maybe I'm very red. But I can ignore this, right? His warm fingers gently lifted the chain from behind me, placing it into my palm. His eyes were warm, smiling softly as our hands made contact. "You're weird." I blurted out, blushing. He chuckled, squeezing my cheeks. "Weird how?" My gaze fell downwards, slightly embarrassed and shy. "I think you're weird for wanting to help me. I don't know why you're still here and I don't know how you can still care about me..." He frowned, karate chopping my forehead. Was he... upset..? "y/n, I've told you before. I love you. And I'll never stop loving you. You're my savior." 

God, someone tell me how to feel. I was confused, stressed, upset, and angry, but Ray could somehow keep me afloat. I jumped into his arms, sending the both of us straight to the floor. "Thank you, Ray. Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said, muffled into his chest. When I finally pulled my face out, he was gazing me tenderly. My face burned up as his fingers cupped my cheek. The space between our lips started to diminish, his gray eyes closing. He pressed his mouth against mine, in a soft, innocent kiss. My heart flew out of my chest, my head completely in a different place. This felt... so good... So warm and comfy. I knew this was where I wanted to be for the rest of my life. In Ray's arms, feeling Ray's kiss. We finally pulled away, looking into each other's eyes. I brushed his bangs away, poking his cheeks. "I love you." I whispered, blushing again. He turned the same shade of red, squeezing me tightly. "I love you too, y/n." 

"Does this mean lover boy one wins?" Yuugo laughed from behind us. Emma hissed for him to be quiet, letting Ray and I stay in each other's arms for a little bit longer.

I hovered the necklace over the crevice. It would be a perfect fit. Everyone gave me a determined look, cheering for how far we had gone. Ray kissed my cheek, wishing me good luck. This was something I had to do alone. The pendant clicked, fitting into the hole snuggly. Hmph, that was easy. My eyes rose from the mural, looking at my landscape. had anything changed? Oh boy. Oh boy, did shit change. Ray, Emma, everyone was gone. And I was alone, sitting on my bed at Grace Field Orphanage.