💥 My Muse || Chapter Seventy Seven pt. 1

"Damn grenades give me anxiety." Oliver said, in between breaths. The two boys ran southwest to where the demon Luce was seen. Today was a hunt. But not for the monsters. "I swear to God if we blow up, I'm going to kill you, loser." Zack chuckled, jumping over the rocky terrain. The final battle. It still festered in their minds.

"There it is!" Oliver shouted, pulling out his rifle. He threw it onto his shoulder, shooting the back of the white jester-like demon. "Over here, clown!" The monster jerked around, eagerly staring at the boy. "I was looking for you humans. I will make Master Leuvis proud today." Zack cringed at it's voice, hiding behind a tree. If all went well, the battle would have been done in minutes.

Oliver energetically jumped from boulder to boulder, sitting on a branch, shooting the demon's mask. Luce's battle spirit soon became annoyance. "Just die! Cattle!" It hissed, movements becoming faster and faster. The dense forest soon became an obstacle, as Zack finally revealed himself. "Shoot!" Oliver shouted, falling to the ground. Zack pulled out a heavy machine gun, finally shattering the stone mask. The demon screeched loudly, shattering their eardrums. They cursed under their breaths, covering their ears.

"Oliver, now!" The boy unclipped a dark green orb that was hanging from his waist. He pulled a small black pin, sending it in the direction of the monster. The grenade landed in it's mouth.

"Hurgh-"

A loud explosion followed, the two boys being launched into the air.

"Oli- Oliver... Where are you..?" Zack stumbled to his feet, searching for the white haired boy. Cuts and small shards of rock and flesh were littered on his clothes. Oliver's back was turned. "I'm- I'm over here." "We need to go, quick." His eyes widened as the white haired boy turned around slowly, revealing his blood soaked shirt. A large piece of stone shrapnel was lodged into the right side of his chest. "Can- Can you fix this?" Zack cursed, running to his side, just in time for the boy to fall into his arms. "I'm going to have to bring you back to HQ. I don't have my supplies. Just- Just hang in there." Oliver wasn't short on strength, as the two ran weakly back to town.