📷 My Muse || Chapter Thirty Three

"Emma... Don..." I whispered, my face frozen, gaze landing on the last member of their party.

"Norman." 

-------------------

Norman's tired, lifeless face smiled weakly behind them. 

"Hey, Ray, y/n." 

The six of us stumbled our way to my room, confused and anxious. Every once in a while, Don would look back, checking if Norman was really there. And every time, Norman smiled back at his grief stricken face. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Ray hissed, pushing Norman to a wall. 

He smiled sheepishly. "Great to see you too, Ray." 

Emma's head hung downwards, her whole body was trembling. Norman took a small book out of his shirt, handing it to Ray. "I'm sorry I couldn't use it." He said. "W-Why?" Ray asked, falling to his knees. He sounded so broken and lost. "Why d-didn't you leave..? Y-You're going to die t-tomorrow..? Norman?" He quivered. The silver haired boy kneeled in front of him, pulling Ray into a hug. 

"There's two things you all need to know." Norman took a sheet of paper from my desk and scribbled a large hexagon on it. He drew a point in the middle, connecting each corner to the center. A smaller hexagon was drawn near the center. 

"When I got to the top of the wall..." He gulped nervously. "There were more conjoined to Grace Field. T-There are more farms than only Grace Field." 

Gilda gasped, tears starting to fall from her face. 

"From that height, I could see that there were two farms on each side of Grace Field, directly across from us is a Headquarters. The gate that lead to the outside world, actually led to the demon's HQ. I assume where we would be packaged and sent." He tapped outside of the hexagons, onto the white paper. "And outside of our walls... Was a chasm. If we were to jump, we would die. It was about 50 feet long as well. We couldn't make it even if we tried. But there was a bridge, stemming from the HQ. Take this information wisely, y/n, Emma, Ray." 

He stood up, walking to Don and Gilda. He patted them both warmly on the head. "You two have to take care of those three, okay? One of them blames himself too much," He said, glancing at Ray. "The other is a little reckless, if it meant helping others." He continued, smiling at Emma. "And the last one cares too much about everyone except herself." He chuckled, resting his warm ocean eyes onto me. Norman hopped onto m bed, pulling Emma, Ray and I into a hug. 

Tears started to fall from everyone's eyes as we spent our last night together. 

-------------------

When I woke up, Ray was already gone.

Gilda was sleeping snugly on Don's shoulder. Emma's head was hanging off the foot of my bed, snoring like a pig. Norman was asleep quietly beside me, his head on my lap. I touched his face, brushing his hair away. He looked like an angel. His soft silver hair, sapphire blue pupils hiding underneath his closed eyelids. 

He was always kind. 

He was always giving. 

He was always understanding, trusting.

If something was bothering me, I could always go to Norman and vent. But who was there for him? "Isn't it tiring, smiling all the time?" I asked. His eyelashes fluttered open. He smiled, turning his face upwards to mine. "Did you know I was awake?" I tried to laugh but choked on a tear. I cupped his cheeks. He was still so warm. "You want to live, don't you? Norman?" His grin turned strained, eventually morphing into a quivering frown. Tear drops fell from his ocean eyes as he sobbed. "You got me, y/n." He pulled himself upwards, resting his head on my shoulder. "I don't want to die at all." He slipped his long slender fingers into mine, holding me tightly. "I haven't spent enough time with you. Or Emma, Or Ray," "Or Gilda and Don." I finished his sentence, making him giggle. 

"Never give up, y/n." he said wearily. "When I leave, I expect to leave knowing that you and everyone else will escape. That means I did what I had to." 

"Protect our family." We said in unison. 

Norman pulled something out of his pocket, placing it on my lap. 

"You might need this." He said, getting up. "I'm going to my room."

The dark room was lit for a brief second from the hallway's bright lights. I glanced at the small red object in front of me. A little black switch could be pushed and pulled, and when I pushed, a small sharp knife peeked out. "Why do you have this, Norman?" I thought, jamming it into my pocket.