🔒 My Muse || Chapter Fifty One

"And this kid will be dead if you don't shut up." The white doors slammed open. A tall lean man, with messy black hair and white streaks was holding a gun to Nat's head. His grip was firm on the boy's neck. "Who are you and why are you here?" He scowled, finger hovering his pistol's trigger.

We were all frozen, staring at this person.

We were all thinking the same thing. Was this person a cattle child? He wore a high collared trench coat. I couldn't see either sides of his neck. Was he alone?

Nat squirmed underneath his grip. The man clicked his tongue and clicked the hammer. He wasn't joking about hurting him. "I said, who are you and why are you here?" His gruff voice echoed throughout the shelter. My voice trembled, looking at Nat's tear filled eyes. "W-We escaped from a cattle farm, Grace- Grace Field."

His gaze darted to every single one of us. "How old are you?" But his pistol didn't waver.

"I'm seventeen." I replied, trying to stay calm. He asked everyone in the room their age. I brought my right hand to my bow, sitting comfortably behind my back. Sonju had given me an arrow, but instead of a sharp head, it was a heavy, dull rock. "For knocking something out." He had joked. But it would prove useful. I slipped the bow into my hand, hiding it behind my back. The man's grip on the pistol fell, as he turned to Ray and I. "You two look like the leaders. Get your gang and get out of here." "Why?" Ray asked, aggravated. "Shouldn't us cattle children look after each other?" Ray stuffed his hand into my pocket, pulling out the pen. The man's eyes widened. He opened his mouth to speak and I drew my bow.

Breathe, focus, aim.

Right in the center of his forehead. I hope this doesn't kill him. Sonju's imaginary hands in my head guided the arrow straight onto his head. He fell to the ground, passed out. My breathes became uneven, staring at the lifeless body in front of us. Nat ran behind me, screaming. "Is- Is he dead?" He trembled. Ray walked over to him, picking up my arrow. "Smart, y/n." He raised the dull rockhead of the shot, everyone cheering around me. He's still breathing. He'll be alright.

I collapsed to my knees. My head was churning again. "y/n! Are you okay?" Emma asked, helping me up. The adrenaline was still pumping through my blood. "I'm fine this time, really. Just... exhausted, and shooting a human being," She hugged me warmly. "We could've died if you hadn't." She comforted me, allowing my blood to cool down. "Thank you, Emma." I hugged her back.

"Now, let's make this place a home." I called out to everyone, pushing open the first two bedroom doors. There were twelve doors in total, but one of them was locked tight. Room number 5. Maybe it was the Mister's room.

Using some extra rope, we binded the man's feet and arms together. "Not too tightly, Lannion." I warned, as the boy snuggly tied his neck around the ladder. I tied his arms, leaving him in a sitting position. That takes care of that. I took the gun, examining it in my hands. There were 3 bullets inside the cylinder. We truly could have died. His neck didn't have any identification numbers, and I was too scared to strip search the guy. We'll ask him when he wakes up.

Lannion and Thoma took the first room, yelling "sleepover!" As they jumped onto the two beds on opposite sides of the room. I laughed at their excited faces. Wasn't Grace Field a sleepover too?

Alicia, Jemima and Yvette insisted on staying together, so I pushed the two beds together and they happily agreed. "Thank you!" They said in unison, immediately gushing about how soft the mattresses were.

Mark and Rossi took the third room, while Chris and Dominic took the fourth. Nat had number six to himself, and Anna had seven. Don crashed in number eight, Emma and Gilda taking number nine. "I'll take whichever one you're not." I said, trying to memorize everyone's room. I felt Ray's breath on the nape of my neck, making me tingle. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my back onto his chest. "W-What are you doing?" I whispered, trying not to disturb anyone's room fawning. His warm lips kissed my neck, licking it softly. "R-Ray!" I hissed, turning around, still in his arms. His messy black hair brushed against my forehead, kissing me softly on the cheek. "Can we stay together?" He asked, leaving a trail of kisses down to my neck.

My face flushed bright red. "Fine."