📷 My Muse || Chapter Nine

The next few days passed smoothly. 

I talked to Emma and Norman like usual, played with the little ones. 

The only difference... was Ray. 

Whenever he was near... my heart started to beat faster. This... Couldn't be a crush... Right?

I never imagined myself to fall for Ray. He is really great. He's understanding and kind. Just a little blunt and sarcastic. When I told him that it was bothering me he changed his attitude right away. He's... A great friend. But did I want him to be more than that..?

Even if I did, he friend-zoned me. I'm in the same boat as Emma and Norman.

"Boink!" 

I was snapped out of my day dreaming by a soft flick to the forehead. Norman was leaning over my sitting body.

"Why do you look so sad, y/n?" 

I quickly put on a smile. "It's nothing..." I unconsciously fiddled my fingers, looking away from the boy.

 "It's not nothing to me." He sat down on the cold grass next to me. "I want to know what's making my beautiful y/n have such a sad face."

I blushed. He took my right hand in his left, interlocking our fingers. 

"So what's bothering you?"

Norman smiled, waiting for my response. He's so kind and caring. 

I hesitantly explained my situation to Norman. "I... think I like someone... But in a way, they've already rejected me..." I sighed deeply. 

"If they make you feel that way..." He placed his right hand on my waist pulling me into him. 

"N-Norman!.." I exclaimed. His lips were a centimeter away from mine. 

"If they rejected you already..." He moved his hand from my waist to my right cheek, angling my face upwards. "Is this... a kiss? " My heart raced as Norman closed his eyes. Time was moving in slow motion. His breath was warm. It came closer and closer... 

Then suddenly, I felt nothing at all. 

"What are you two doing?" 

Ray's confused voice was right next to my ear. 

"Mph Way, yu goft us." Norman's sly voice was being muffled by Ray's hand over his mouth. 

Ray's usually expressionless face showed something else as he turned to me. 

"Why are you so angry?" He was gripping my wrist rather tightly, dragging me behind. 

No response. 

He pulled me into the library and into our secret room. 

"Get in." He said, opening the door. 

I quickly climbed up the ladder and crawled into a corner. "Ow..." I rubbed my sore wrist as Ray followed me up. "What the hell were you doing with him?!" He was nearly yelling at me. "y/n, don't you know how dangerous boys are? Why would you just close your eyes and let him have his way with you?!" 

I rolled my eyes, mildly annoyed. "You're a fucking boy too, genius." 

"The difference is... I- The difference is..." He stumbled over his words.

"What's the difference, Ray?" I asked sarcastically. "You- You're the one I thought I liked... You're the one who dropped me in the same boat as Emma and Don and Gilda and everyone else. You..." I put a hand over my heart. "You said you liked me... As a friend... As a family." Before I knew it, tears were falling down my face. I was so frustrated. And I finally got to vent it all out. 

I started to sob, wiping my tears away with my sleeves. "Y- You... Stupid idiot!" I cried.

In between tears I saw the visible regret on Ray's face. 

"I'm sorry, y/n." He inched closer to me, extending his arms around my waist. He gently pulled me into his broad chest. "I didn't mean to yell." I continued to sniffle in his shoulder, tugging his shirt. 

"It's true." He patted my head, holding me tighter and tighter. 

"I'm a stupid idiot who said that stupid thing in the dining room. It was stupid. I'm stupid. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. But this stupid idiot... is yours."

He pulled me away from his embrace and planted a kiss on my cheek. 

My face grew warm as I nestled myself back into his shoulder.