📷 My Muse || Chapter Ten

After about an hour of cuddling, I finally pulled myself away from his warm embrace.

"We should go downstairs." I said, not wanting to leave. He squeezed me one last time. "Okay."

Things went back to normal the moment our feet touched the library floor. "I guess it wasn't a declaration of love." Was something I found myself thinking often. The days passed quickly, and before I knew it, it was January 15th.

"Happy birthday to you~"

"Happy birthday to Ra~ay~"

"Happy birthday to you~"

We were all gathered in the dining room, singing around a very embarrassed Ray. "You guys don't have to sing..." His face was buried in his hands. "He's so cute! " I thought, laughing at his shy face. Mama walked into the dining room, holding a chocolate cake almost her size. Two candles were placed on top, reading '17'. "Happy birthday, Ray." She said, placing the giant pastry in front of him. He thanked her sheepishly, his smile slightly dropping. Mama patted his head. "I'll get you your gift." She left the room and Ray's expression suddenly lifted. "Did something happen between him and Mama?.."

Everyone chatted as Norman and Emma cut the cake. "Where are the plates?" "Everyone take one! Get in a line!" I smiled at all the cheerfulness in the room. Everyone seemed to be having a fun time.

"y/n!" Two small hands grabbed my leg. "y/n! Play with us!" I patted her head. "Okay, okay," I picked up the little blond girl and placed her on my lap, bouncing. "Uwouwouwo-"Connie laughed as her voice vibrated, throwing her hands in the air. "hey, y/n." She said softly. "Mhm?" I responded, pulling her into a hug. "I don't want to go." Her small voice cracked, reminding me that Connie was scheduled to leave next month. I didn't know what to say. She wiped away her tears and asked for more bounces "Okay!" I replied, playing with the little girl a little more. It was all I could do.

What Norman had said nearly two months ago had slipped my mind.

Isabella returned to the room holding a small box wrapped in red paper. It made a small thudding noise every time it shifted, similar to Mama's shoes. Clack, thunk, clack, thunk. The box thudded one last time as it was placed in front of Ray. I glanced at him from across the table. "I wonder what's inside..."

Ray's slender fingers easily peeled away the thin red paper, opening the small cardboard box. His soft, excited face flashed a morbid smile, but only for a second. "What the hell..? " I thought. "That face was so scary... He doesn't look surprised, happy, grateful... What does this mean Ray..? " But all of my doubts and confusion were instantly erased with the bright white flash of a camera. "What..?" I murmured. When the flash died down, I had realized it came from Ray, and in his hands a small black polaroid camera, the strap already strung around his neck. His attention was already elsewhere, shaking a small white film.

"What did you just do?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Take a picture of you." He replied nonchalantly, holding the film up to the light.

"Why?"

"Because I like you."

---------- Author's Note ----------

We did it!! 10 Chapters!! Writing this has been so much fun, even if no one reads it.

This is has been such a fun way to express my creativity and crazy obsession with Neverland.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the reads on this are me rereading my cringey work, but I'm proud of it regardless. For anyone who is reading, thank you so much!

----------------------------------------