🔒 My Muse || Chapter Fifty Two

"I'll take whichever one you're not." I said, trying to memorize everyone's room. I felt Ray's breath on the nape of my neck, making me tingle. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my back onto his chest. "W-What are you doing?" I whispered, trying not to disturb anyone's room fawning. His warm lips kissed my neck, licking it softly. "R-Ray!" I hissed, turning around, still in his arms. His messy black hair brushed against my forehead, kissing me softly on the cheek. "Can we stay together?" He asked, leaving a trail of kisses down to my neck.

My face flushed bright red. "Fine."

He smiled again, picking up my bow and backpack. "Ten, eleven or twelve?" His lip brushed against my right ear. "Which one won't they hear us in?" 

"Ray!" I pushed him away, blushing. Both our faces were bright red, laughing. "I'm just teasing you, sweetie." I pinched his cheek. "Don't call me that!" We joked, walking to room number ten. "Ooh, are you two staying together?" Don asked, hunched lazily over his bed. Ray snickered, nudging me. "No. We're having a business meeting." I replied, in as much of a monotone I could. Ray's stupid face made me want to laugh too. He always makes me so happy. 

The rooms were quite spacious, with two small desks at the foot of each bed along with a table and bookshelf. Though the bookshelves inside our room were empty, Thoma had mentioned seeing a small library in another room. 

Ray dropped my backpack on the bed closest to the door, throwing his onto the other. Underneath the mattresses were pull out drawers, filled to the brim with clean clothing. "They're so... colorful..." I said, pulling out a pair of cotton candy pink socks. The clothes at Grace Field were black or white. We've read about fashion in many books, but this is my first time touching a real pair of jeans. "Ray," I called, turning to the boy rummaging through his own chest. "Do you want these?" I threw a pair of boxers at him, landing on his face. I snorted, laughing at his plain expression. "Yeah, sure, thanks. Take these." He threw a small ball of bras and underwear in my direction. "Pfft, thanks loser." I giggled, stuffing them into the right drawer. In the left was camo, black and gray clothing, for going outside I assume. These cute colorful clothes were meant to be our pajamas, while the tougher more plain clothing was for dealing with the outside world. William Minerva really wanted us to be prepared. 

"I'm going to check out the rest of this place." I said. He nodded, still looking through his new outfits. Ray seemed excited. I was going to look around the place and take a nice clean shower. On the journey, we tried to take quick dips in the river. Don got real smelly real quickly. I wanted to wash my hair and use soap. We should have soap here, right? 

"Don, where's the library and bathroom?" I called, opening his door. "I-" 

"Can't you knock?!" He shrieked, charging the door closed. He was trying on one of the bras he found in his drawer. It was an image I would never forget. "T-The library is at the end of the lounge room! The b-bathroom is the foggy glass door n-near the ladder!" I thanked him, making my way down the hallway. Could I find any brain cleanser here? 

I tip toed over the Mister's legs, skipping to the dark oak door with a golden knob. I turned it, but it was locked. "Ugh." I groaned, instead looking for the bathroom. 

I had an oversized pink pullover and underwear in my arms. The door made of foggy glass slid open. The first room was decked with showers, toilets and sinks, with another similar door going into another chamber. A gush of warm air welcomed me into a large hot-tub built into the floor. Many carts were lined across the wall with clean white towels. It was huge, like a bath house. I slipped off my clothes, leaving my new clean ones on a cart. Was it okay for me to just... jump in? No, I have to do this right. Surrounding the tub was a soft trickling of warm water. I dumped a whole thing of soap into the tub. Bubble. Bath. Soft white foam started to rise from the water as I dipped my toes in. So... warm... When was the last time we took a warm bath? Around three weeks, since we'd been traveling from Mujika and Sonju's for two. The soothing embrace of the hot water around my toes became too much for me and I jumped in. 

The tiles of the room were sandy-yellow, and the lights slightly dimmed. I swear, I could have fallen asleep here. I swam around, my feet touching the floor of the tub. My whole body was so warm and clean. I raised each leg one by one, cleaning my tender bits and knees. I hummed to myself, rubbing the soap onto my chest. The necklace was still their. I had almost forgotten about it. I was snapped out of my thoughts by the loud rattling of the sliding door. "Cool bathroom." I submerged myself underwater, holding my breath. 

Why am I like this?

I could have just said, yo, someone's in here so get out, haha. But instead I did this. And I was about to have a very weird misunderstanding with whoever walked in. 

I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I poked my head out, gasping for air. I was readying my apologies, rubbing my eyes from the soapy water they had contacted. 

"y/n?"